Richard Petty Driving Experience- Adding Exotic Cars?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
I saw a rumor posted on the DISboards about a new road course infield being paved next year and the ability to drive a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Corvette and eventually Aston Martin and Porsche as well.

Has anyone heard anything more confirmed about this? I'd be ready to sign up to drive a Ferrari 458!!!!!!

sweetpee_1993

I saw a rumor posted on the DISboards about a new road course infield being paved next year and the ability to drive a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Corvette and eventually Aston Martin and Porsche as well.

Has anyone heard anything more confirmed about this? I'd be ready to sign up to drive a Ferrari 458!!!!!!

Now THIS I'd sign up for, too. Oooh and can we bring passengers? My sons would be sooooo impressed with their old mama. :lol:

acishere

Yeah I have less than zero interest in NASCAR and really have no desire to pay to drive a stock car so I never gave the Petty driving thing a single thought. I'm not paying that much to drive a car that at its core is a Chevy Impala.

Driving a Ferrari through a windy hill filled country road however is a different story. I got to drive a Bentley for an hour through a desert road near Las Vegas and just the power you have with the touch of that power mixed with the absolute comfort and luxury the car has just put a smile on my face. Made me feel disappointed getting back in my Cavalier when I returned to NJ and even though I love my new (well used, but its new to me) Altima, I still miss getting a V-12 rev when I hit the pedal. Now something that handles like a Ferrari would be another experience in itself. Also if they had a Maserati Granturismo I would sign up immediately. I've been in love with that car ever since I parked next to one in Long Branch. Which is saying something because the parking lots in Long Branch are filled with Lamborghinis, Astons, and Ferraris.

gators11

Yeah I have less than zero interest in NASCAR and really have no desire to pay to drive a stock car so I never gave the Petty driving thing a single thought. I'm not paying that much to drive a car that at its core is a Chevy Impala.

Driving a Ferrari through a windy hill filled country road however is a different story. I got to drive a Bentley for an hour through a desert road near Las Vegas and just the power you have with the touch of that power mixed with the absolute comfort and luxury the car has just put a smile on my face. Made me feel disappointed getting back in my Cavalier when I returned to NJ and even though I love my new (well used, but its new to me) Altima, I still miss getting a V-12 rev when I hit the pedal. Now something that handles like a Ferrari would be another experience in itself. Also if they had a Maserati Granturismo I would sign up immediately. I've been in love with that car ever since I parked next to one in Long Branch. Which is saying something because the parking lots in Long Branch are filled with Lamborghinis, Astons, and Ferraris.

The only thing Chevy Impala about those race cars is the name on the outside the engines are way more powerful than any street car.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
The only thing Chevy Impala about those race cars is the name on the outside the engines are way more powerful than any street car.

Well I wouldn't say ANY street car, they make about 700-800hp...the Bugatti Veyron has 1,000 to 1,200 hp depending on the version and is street legal ;)

Gregoryp73

I'd pay for it, especially if they get more rare and unique cars like the Veyron. oooo

I agree that a Veyron would absolutely be amazing to drive, but I'm sure if they offered this, they'd stick to the cars that cost 250k and less...I'm thinking Gallardo, R8, 458, SLS, maybe a few Lotuses, Zr1's, Vipers...and so on.

I really thing they would up the interest level with this...I already see outfits doing this sort of thing...and doing quite well.

Gregoryp73

Well I wouldn't say ANY street car, they make about 700-800hp...the Bugatti Veyron has 1,000 to 1,200 hp depending on the version and is street legal ;)

Plus I've heard the maint. cost on these things are unbelievable, like you need a mechanic dedicated to the daily runs every time you run these things over 130mph...

Glasgow

Can't even imagine the initial capital and ongoing maintenance required for the exotic cars .. would likely be VERY expensive to drive these

Flight Safety

Agreed. I have to say that 99% of the people out there who complain about stock cars and stock car racing have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. I have done the Richard Petty Driving Experience at a few oval tracks and can say that its nowhere near as easy as people think. Stock cars are stock cars for a reason. They are pure engine with extremely limited technology, still carbourated and all. The whole point is that they're extremely tricky to drive making it that much more comptetitive. A lot of people call them "bricks on ice skates", and thats for a reason.

Altough I have been fortunate enough to drive some exotics and luxury sports cars such as a Ferrari F430, Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Gallardo, etc., I can tell you first hand that driving a stock car was a heck of a lot of fun. Even if it was trimmed back a bit.

I remember when it opened and the IRL held the Indy 200 there. It was pretty cool, but I do remember that traffic was crazy as a result of combining the most popular theme park in the world with a very popular sporting event. As of now, some NASCAR teams use the track for testing, but I really miss combining 2 of my favorite things together, WDW and racing.

Although Im a fan of stock cars and stock car racing, I would love to see more people interested in the track in general and would be happy that Disney might get more use out of the track.

figment1988

i'm all for it, especially if they put a Countach or even a Testarossa (I would probably be even more excited about it if they have a white Testarossa like the one Sonny Crockett had in Miami Vice)

R W B

Lol, nobody in their right mind would let someone without enough capital to fix it drive a veyron. At 1.5 million, I wouldn't want to.

I've always wanted to do the NASCAR track but never had time, I don't think I would make time for something like this either, may be though.

For those of you with $1700 to spend, go to worldclassdriving.com and see when the event will be by you. 5 exotic cars, one day. I'm doing it in Nov when it's here in New Orleans. You all should too.

Goofy6294

I've already started dropping hints to my wife that this would be a great 40th birthday present (still a handful of years away), and I could only imagine a road course making this better!

flavious27

Forget any ferrari, this is what will sell the exotic cars experience:

jenson-button-is-sea_460x0w.jpg

arielatomv8%201.jpg

WDWFREAK53

YES! An Ariel Atom! They could even paint it in Little Mermaid colors :)

I love that thing and would also like a T-Rex added to the mix...and maybe an IRL car (F1 would be way too much power and you REALLY have to be trained to drive one of those).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
YES! An Ariel Atom! They could even paint it in Little Mermaid colors :)

I love that thing and would also like a T-Rex added to the mix...and maybe an IRL car (F1 would be way too much power and you REALLY have to be trained to drive one of those).

You can ride-along in Indy cars already there ;)

As for the Ariel Atom and Bugatti, I agree, however those most likely won't be offered, and I still love the 458

Buried20KLeague

I've owned three Vipers, so I've had a taste of what those cars are about...

And even I would instantly sign up if I could drive a Lambo around a track.

I have ZERO interest in the nascar experience, but something more "real world"? That would be something different all together.

I bet this would open this up to a whole different demographic. Those that couldn't care less about NASCAR, but like more stylized fast cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom