RICHARD PETTY ADDS *CARS* TO RIDE AROUND.. tHIS SOULDBE GREAT FO THE KIDS

AndyS2992

So you are basically putting your child alone with a complete stranger for ten minutes whilst he drives around a track. I'm sure it will be great but it sounds a little strange to me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What a great idea! Hopefully this will drive (no pun intended) more people that wouldn't ordinarily go to Richard Petty over that way. I think that its one of those Gems around the world that so often gets missed b Guests.

I agree. I went on a Ride Along about 8 years ago at the WDW Speedway. It was very exciting, and so much fun! The driver was very professional and really pleasant. The Petty Ride Along wasn't an inexpensive ride, but I'm glad I decided to experience this; how often does the average person get to zoom around a track in a race car? :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
For anyone considering the RP Driving Experience - either driving or ride-along - be sure to look for discounts. I found one on the Tickets-At-Work site - almost 50% off! I think Groupon has also had some offers.

I think that AAA offers a 20% discount, but people should check first to make sure that offer is still current.

FettFan

Eh...forget stock cars. If they had an option to let guests bring their own cars on the track, Id sign up in a heartbeat.

Granted, I'd also be showing up on race day with a brand-new GT500....

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Eh...forget stock cars. If they had an option to let guests bring their own cars on the track, Id sign up in a heartbeat.

Granted, I'd also be showing up on race day with a brand-new GT500....

The track also offers a driving program for powerful street cars (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Audi, etc.), so there's that.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Disney certainly still tries to find a purpose for this Failed venue. I'm so far past the age of little guys, Is Cars something that draws 6 to 13 year old boys and girls? I thought the age demographic for Cars was preschool through Kindergarten. Didn't know it lent itself to elementary/middle school demographic.

Cesar R M

Disney certainly still tries to find a purpose for this Failed venue. I'm so far past the age of little guys, Is Cars something that draws 6 to 13 year old boys and girls? I thought the age demographic for Cars was preschool through Kindergarten. Didn't know it lent itself to elementary/middle school demographic.
dunno, but id totally love to drive a car that looked like lightning Mcqueen :p

Cesar R M

Sorry. You can only ride shotgun, if you can pass for 13.
cUKg1Yg.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom