RFID Locks at the Beach Club?

BCVTalsJam

I was reading on Disboards and they stated that the Beach Club already has these locks...but I did not see any news of this yet.

Is anyone at Beach Club or was just there who can let me know if the new locks are installed yet?

Rasvar

Yacht and Beach make sense since they have had a shared operation in that facility for the maintenance. I would guess that Boardwalk would not be far behind. It is a pretty aggressive program in getting these swapped out property wide. I would expect to see most of the resorts to begin changing in the next couple of months once more training is done.

Upvote 0

t3techcom18

I was reading on Disboards and they stated that the Beach Club already has these locks...but I did not see any news of this yet.

Is anyone at Beach Club or was just there who can let me know if the new locks are installed yet?

The locks have been there for months....or at least, the ones on the first floor have been there for months...

Upvote 0

Rasvar

Boardwalk has them already
Ok, was not sure if it was or not. I had not asked any of the folks I know who are working on it from the operations side about a schedule. I just know that it is a big project to get done property wide. Seems like 2/3 of the people I know at WDW are working on something that has some relationship to NextGen. It is the project that is eating the property.

Upvote 0

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I can confirm that at Old Key West they have been installed. I was in building 24 this week and it was the standard installation. Oval above handle with mickey head outline.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

They have been installed at the BC. Page 1 of my trip report has a picture of them.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...very-short-trip-2-nights-bc-sept-2012.847342/

Awesome...thanks, was just going to ask if anyone had a pic of them. :p
75.gif

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

They were there when I was down in July...

I HAVE NO IDEA why people are excited about this, they're doors and locks...

Upvote 0

BCVTalsJam

Original Poster
They were there when I was down in July...

I HAVE NO IDEA why people are excited about this, they're doors and locks...

Because its new :) lol Some of us get excited about changes to our favorite resorts whether they are locks or something huge like an addition to the resort...I think its because it makes get more excited to go!

But in your case its just a lock..to each their own.

Upvote 0

Rob562

They have been installed at the BC. Page 1 of my trip report has a picture of them.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...very-short-trip-2-nights-bc-sept-2012.847342/

I hope after they're done with the installations they circle back and do some touch-up work on the doors. You can see where the old lock was above the new reader.

I'll be interested to see if SSR or AKL have the locks done when I'm there in November. I presume they'll have the same sensitivity as the fare gates and boxes on the subway and buses here in Boston and you just have to hold your wallet near the reader without having to actually remove the card from your wallet.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom