RFID cards and Parking Lot Access

zweltar

For our visit in June, my in-laws will be staying in AKL and were at ASMo. I will have the rental car and will be picking them up from AKL daily. Is it possible for them to get an extra RFID card for "themselves" and then I use it to access the parking lot via the scanner?

ETA: this question is only for the resort parking lot.

DManRightHere

Just get them to register your car as the vehicle they are driving and get a placard (if they still do this).

Otherwise, I doubt it. If you drop them off as well you could just hang on to one of their magic bands?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Someone already mentioned getting a spare MagicBand from them if they have one. The front desk does have the ability to issue a card to their account, but you might want to explain what it's for since an overzealous CM could possibly "replace" the person's Band with a card and deactivate the Band (since most people who ask for cards are people who don't want to wear a Band).

If they bought their park tickets separately from their hotel reservations that card *might* work to open the gate (give it a try when they're in the car and can also use a Band if it doesn't work).

-Rob

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Someone already mentioned getting a spare MagicBand from them if they have one. The front desk does have the ability to issue a card to their account, but you might want to explain what it's for since an overzealous CM could possibly "replace" the person's Band with a card and deactivate the Band (since most people who ask for cards are people who don't want to wear a Band).

If they bought their park tickets separately from their hotel reservations that card *might* work to open the gate (give it a try when they're in the car and can also use a Band if it doesn't work).

-Rob

I can not even see where anyone else has posted on this thread. Odd.

Upvote 0

Rob562

You said, "Someone already mentioned getting a spare MagicBand from them if they have one". I thought I was the only one to post on this thread but this sentence makes me think someone posted a reply.

I blame my phrasing on it being late, and switching from my phone to my laptop to type out a reply. ;)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom