Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
This TR is getting up slower than I had hoped:hilarious: Oh well we're up to August 3rd and here's where all my planning came in handy. It was check out day at SOG which my dh wanted to handle so he could sleep in just a bit. I quietly got the boys up, fed and ready and got my dh up just as we were ready to leave. The boys and I walked over to Poly
IMG_0759.JPG
Had to wave good bye to Chompy LOL and catch the monorail
IMG_0763.JPG
to EPCOT.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We were first in line at our touch point on the left side. Thanks to all who posted about FEA rope drop! We got on to FEA as a walk on and right into Stave Church and the Summerhaus right after.
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG
I even got another blackmail pic. Now if we get any snow this winter there will be no shoveling for me

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We weren't hungry yet but figured we would be by the time we walked to Morocco so we decided to walk and shop our way to there
IMG_0897.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
When we got to our destination we quickly found out the falafel was not gf. BOO!!!!! So we hopped a Friendship Boat and made our way to SS for a yummy lunch the boys got chicken with green beans and black beans, Jim got the pork with green beans and mashed potatoes and I got a power salad sans chicken sorry no pics but it was all yummy. I guess by then we were so hungry the last thing on our minds was taking pictures

Scoppin

Like I said it was just a quick look around while waiting for our room. The bus ride back to SOG was quiet as there was only one other family on the bus. They check resort IDs when getting on one of their buses. We got the text that our room was ready just when the bus pulled in, talk about timing. Seeing we had nothing scheduled for a while we took the boys to the pool to burn off some energy. Then the real fun began! We took the short walk over to Poly and saw this little guyView attachment 158180 View attachment 158182 At Poly we met up with @Songbird76 and her wonderful family. A little something she gave me would be a lifesaver later in the trip. Again no spoiler:D.

Following along. Nice to see some people get texts letting them know their rooms are ready.

Scoppin

I love WS at night!View attachment 158697 I wanted to watch Illuminations but the boys wanted to get as many rides in as they could on EMH night. So we did something for them and something for meView attachment 158698 View attachment 158699 and I just had to get a blackmail pic while in NorwayView attachment 158700 and a fun oneView attachment 158701

Nice pictures. Nice to see different aspect of the parks. I am starting to get the view there are many photo opportunities to be had. I am sure my two will be all over the statues throughout the parks, including the troll. They can be hams.

Dinner at Garden Grill was ok but not exactly wonderful. The characters were worth the price of admission as was a different view of Living with the LandView attachment 158690 View attachment 158691 View attachment 158692 but I really don't think we'll be running back anytime soon. The gf bread option was meh and waiting for refills of food and drinks seemed to take longer than the characters going around again. The saving grace LOL the citrus freeze:hungry:View attachment 158693 The gf dessert option was a couple of prepackaged cookies:(

Hi Figgy, Following!
It's so disappointing when the only GF dessert is prepackaged. We are booked for GG for our trip this Dec. based on all the good reviews, had hopes that it would be good for GF, but maybe not...?

coachwnh

Hi Figgy, Following!
It's so disappointing when the only GF dessert is prepackaged. We are booked for GG for our trip this Dec. based on all the good reviews, had hopes that it would be good for GF, but maybe not...?
We have been to GG several times and had very good GF experiences. My wife actually had real GF stuffing there. It may have just been an off night when @figmentfan423 was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom