Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday July 31st. We were all up earlyish and on the road to Disney.
IMG_0020.JPG
As soon as we saw this a big sigh of relief cam over us until we tried to navigate our way over to Shades of Green. I never realized we had to go past the MK toll in order to get there:hilarious: We made it to SOG in one piece
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG
It was quite early and our room wasn't ready so we got on the bus and went to DTD(yes I still call it that)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Taking the bus to DTD from SOG was quite easy. I loved they didn't share a bus with another resort. This was just a quick recon trip to check it out and eat lunch at DLux (sp?) Burger
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
The guys got burgers on gf buns and I was too excited to eat so I just snagged a few fries. The guys liked the burgers but we all thought the fries were a bit greasy and too salty. Now for a few random pics
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Like I said it was just a quick look around while waiting for our room. The bus ride back to SOG was quiet as there was only one other family on the bus. They check resort IDs when getting on one of their buses. We got the text that our room was ready just when the bus pulled in, talk about timing. Seeing we had nothing scheduled for a while we took the boys to the pool to burn off some energy. Then the real fun began! We took the short walk over to Poly and saw this little guy
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
At Poly we met up with @Songbird76 and her wonderful family. A little something she gave me would be a lifesaver later in the trip. Again no spoiler:D.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
From there it was time to get something off my Disney bucket list, the monorail shop hop and crawl. First up the GF. It was nice and we weren't dressed like bums but it's not our cup of tea so to speak. Basin was ok but I like the bigger store in DTD. Now for the crawl part LOL A stop in Mizner's which was quite lovely and the Grand Cocktail wasn't bad either
IMG_0071.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was then time to head over the Contemporary for dinner. My dh and I went to the Outer Rim to grab our drinks to have with dinner I ordered a Magical Star Cocktail and my dh got an Angry Orchard seeing he was in a beer mood
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
While my dh waited for the drinks I went an ordered dinner. James got a gf/df pizza which he said was good. My older ds got a bacon cheeseburger, my dh got a steakhouse salad and I got a veggie salad
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After eating it was shopping time and talk about timing right as we were by the baseball caps my father in law called and asked if we made it down yet and if we could look for a Disney baseball cap for him. I know what is going to be part of his Christmas present:D Anyhoo i just like this photo
IMG_0079.JPG
Again it was time to get back to Poly and a stop in Trader Sam's. If you've never been you should try and go, the place is so much fun! John the bartender was so funny he had my dh's bar stool going up and down. I got a Mosquito Mojito and my dh got a Tahitian Torch. Sorry no pics of those, but I got this at the Poly
IMG_0104.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
One item officially off the Disney bucket list so it was time to head back to SOG and bed time. What wait, not so quick. We we're all too excited to sleep so the boys watched some tv and my dh and I went to Evergreen's. I just had to get a Shades of Green(I think there is a law saying you have to get the drink named for the place:D) My boring dh got a Mad Man's hard cider
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
Evergreen's was nice and the best part
IMG_0111.JPG
Next up would we make morning EMH at AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom