Reviews from recent trip

larandtra

Original Poster
Thu March 22- Sunday March 25th
Thursday Dinner- Yachtsman SteakHouse
This is a restaurant I go to off and on and have never been let down. I would say on this trip, it may have moved up my rankings overall. The service was impeccable and very well timed. Not hovering, not absent. Great suggestions on wine and additions. The porterhouse steak is absolutely amazing. Well cooked and presented, correct temperature ( rare plus), and the sides were excellent. Only disappointment was the mac and cheese, but, Ill know not to order it again. Wine selection and drink selection was excellent. Appetizer choices were good and dessert menu was certainly one to work through because it is very refined. The new Sundae is a marvel and for someone who dislikes most ice cream and sundaes, this was spectacular. Ambience as usual was good and overall this restaurant is certainly in my top 5 of on property restaurants and number 1 for steak.

Friday lunch Blaze
I was impressed. For a quick service pizza place, the value for the price is excellent. No its not a great new york or chicago place. But, for options and a good meal at a good price, well worth the stop.

Friday late dinner- Edison
I wanted to like it. I really did. I was so looking forward to it. And then I went. 9PM reservation so I could eat slowly and watch the show starting at 10. My first and biggest complaint is that if we are going to say noone under 21 after 10, make it so. Sams will literally boot people under 21 after 8PM. Thats the rule. If Edison wants to be an adult place after 10, then be an adult place. Kids running around through the tables and throngs of people watching Burlesque shows and trying to enjoy the jazz music and performers is annoying. That being said, it wasnt the worst of it. The food. OK so all I heard about was the bacon and the fries. Both overpriced and lacking anything special. The burger, eh, Dluxe makes better burgers. The drinks..again, eh. Jock Lindsays, Cocina, Raglan, Homecoming all there in springs make better drinks for the price. Didnt waste my time with dessert after the rest was so underwhelming. I was highly disappointed and wont be rushing back. This place tries too hard to be adult and then really isnt. The food is below average, the drinks arent special, and the atmosphere is trying too hard. Even without entertainment, Toothsome is a better experience than Edison. And as far as the entertainment..Its ok. The hula hoop girl was interesting. The band is good. The female singer lacks the smoky voiced quality that is inherant to speakeasy jazz clubs. Like I said, I wont rush back because there are better optinos on property and even at Springs.

Saturday Lunch- Cocina
One of the most undervalued places on property. FRESH food, FRESH margaritas ( Strong and well made). The guacamole ( any of the 3) are wonderful. I had the torta and it was huge and a meal in itself and the Quatro Leches cake is superbly done, light and flavorful. For the value, this is an excellent choice.

Sunday Lunch- ESPN Club
Eh, sports bar. The location is great, service is spotty, beer selection is excellent, food is ok. It was convenient at the time but I wont rush back unless I just need a quick bite.

Sunday Dinner- Boatwrights- Another undervalued restaurant. The food here used to be hit or miss but has improved dramatically and the service is great. Lots of long time servers here and they have improved a ton in the past few years. For the prices, its a little pricey, but, the quality fo the food has improved enough Ill certainly make it a point to try it again and see if it is always at this level.

Fankle

Appreciate the reviews. I was considering the Edison but i’m not reading many good things about it. Think we’ll give it a miss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom