REVIEW - Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Flynnwriter

This quick serve restaurant is a complete DUD! The food is random, overpriced and the setting never comes together to crate anything special or “Star Wars”. Close the doors. Start again, and give us a full service restaurant that is special.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
This quick serve restaurant is a complete DUD! The food is random, overpriced and the setting never comes together to crate anything special or “Star Wars”. Close the doors. Start again, and give us a full service restaurant that is special.
I've seen mixed reviews about this place. I went in looking for some lunch, read the menu descriptions and it didn't appeal to me. Ended up at Ronto Roasters.

I agree with the idea of adding a full service restaurant at SW:GE, actually, I kinda expected one when this land was announced.

RSoxNo1

On the latest Disney Dish podcast, @lentesta and Jim Hill indicated that reverting the off world names was intended to be a 3 day test. The app still has the off world names. Are the original names listed in the park?

Rteetz

On the latest Disney Dish podcast, @lentesta and Jim Hill indicated that reverting the off world names was intended to be a 3 day test. The app still has the off world names. Are the original names listed in the park?
Even when they were “removed” they were still on the board just in smaller font and under the generic names.

tribbleorlfl

I tried the dish formerly called braised shaak roast when I was there in September. I was good, albeit a bit salty, but the portion size was disappointing. Maybe 6 pieces of pasta and a very small serving of meat.

Just look at the variety of images online. All the while the price most likely increased...

View attachment 419461
becomes this
View attachment 419462
and then down further to this
View attachment 419463
Yeah, I had it the first time we went to SWGE three weeks ago. While I thought the flavor was quite good, I was extremely disappointed with the portion size for the price. Maybe 4 oz of beef, small handful of pasta. Not much Kale or mushrooms.

I mean, I get it, they want to skimp on the high-cost protein, but most places makeup by filling the bowl with low-cost pasta. This was the first meal at Disney in a long time I walked away still hungry from. Meanwhile, I thought the portion sizes on my wife's garden spread and my son's tip yip was fair.

YodaMan

I was at Galaxy’s Edge last Tuesday and this past Friday. I can confirm that both times the sign at the door and the sign in the restaurant had the Earth names at the top and most prominent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom