REVIEW - Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo at Disney's Hollywood Studios

eddie104

The land has been operating in California for close to 3 months and WDW ops has Ikea furniture in it. That's laughable.
We are not apart of operations and have no clue why they choose that type of seating so to jump to conclusions on a baseless photo is a little much.

Rodan75

Lol. It was smart to add seating. And by going basic, the tables look they could have been built anywhere in any galaxy with humanoid bipeds. Sometimes we overthink the practical items. They could have come from Home Depot or the local woodworker on Batuu.

(But yes, something more decorative would have been better)

Rider

I didn't realize those tables were different than the others. I was glad to have one yesterday because all the indoor seating was gone at lunch time.

Mickey5150

I agree, it's amazing. But when it opened the usual suspects went through this same exercise complaining about everything that was 'cut'. It happened back when New Fantasyland opened as well. It's like a broken record.
New Fantasyland was changed a lot from what they first announced and showed concept art for. The mine train didn't exist and it was mostly a collection of princess meet and greets. Hyperion Wharf/Disney Springs was the same. Beyond those 2 I don't think any other lands had any major changes that were announced by Disney. Things were changed internally but not announced.

TrainsOfDisney

The food is really, really good here. I didn't think Satuli would be surpassed ... but here we are. Awesome option, though light on indoor seating.

What did you have? What I had in California wasn’t as good as Satuli but the menu is more limiting to my current diet than Satuli.

Plus that potato hash at Satuli you can get as a base is like addicting to me. Ha

Notes from Neverland

What did you have? What I had in California wasn’t as good as Satuli but the menu is more limiting to my current diet than Satuli.

Plus that potato hash at Satuli you can get as a base is like addicting to me. Ha
We got the Fried Endorian Tip Yip (the gravy had a nice kick), the Felucian Garden Spread (wasn't sure what we'd get but it was like spicy meatball made without meat), and the Batuu-bon (very chocolatey but not too rich or dense).

Jon81uk

The food here is insanely good. I'm glad Disney is finally branching out with their quick service options. Burgers and fries in every restaurant is bland and uninspired. I had the Braised Shaak Roast which was roasted and seasoned to perfection. The price point is high, hello it IS Disney, but so worth it. I hope the quality from day 1 continues into the future.

In general at WDW the majority of quick service food isn't burgers and fries.
Yes Hollywood Studios has three places serving burgers (Rosie's, Backlot, ABC) but there are other options (Tex-Mex, Pizza and American)
At Magic Kingdom there is only one place (Cosmic Rays) to get burgers, there is also lots of other options (French, Tex-Mex, pizza etc).
At Animal Kingdom there is only Restaurantosaurus for bugers and there are loads of other options (African, Asian, BBQ, Healthy bowls, Pizza)

culturenthrills

The point I'm trying to make is that lots of this stuff that has supposedly been 'cut' was never publicly announced by Disney as being included in the land. If was not publicly announced, it can't have been cut.

Most of this seems to have been extrapolated from concept art, some seems to have come from 'insiders' who heard of ideas that didn't make it all the way to the final plan for whatever reason, but most of it was never officially announced. This same thing happened with Pandora. People got all up in arms because what they 'heard' was coming wasn't there even though it had never been officially announced. If folks continue to base their expectations on what they 'heard' was coming instead of looking at what they were officially told was coming they are creating their own disappointment.
The droids, the walkaround residents of Batuu, Smugglers, etc, the interactivity of working for the Resistance or First Order, the battles and other mini shows that would randomly break out were all annouced in multiple interviews and panels at Star Wars Celebration. The entertainment budget at least for WDW was cut by 80-90 percent.

Magenta Panther

Yes Hollywood Studios has three places serving burgers (Rosie's, Backlot, ABC) but there are other options (Tex-Mex, Pizza and American)
At Magic Kingdom there is only one place (Cosmic Rays) to get burgers, there is also lots of other options (French, Tex-Mex, pizza etc).
At Animal Kingdom there is only Restaurantosaurus for bugers and there are loads of other options (African, Asian, BBQ, Healthy bowls, Pizza)

The Plaza in MK has burgers - and very good ones too.

eddie104

OMG thank you as it’s starting to get annoying acting like WDW doesn’t have a more diverse selection of food. Yes you can have the basic chicken fingers and fries at some places but also more adventurous options like at Satuli Canteen.

Jon81uk

That isnt the point. The point is quick service at WDW is generally subpar. But these new additions have started to change that. But go off??

But my point was that stating it’s all burgers and fries is factually incorrect. There has been a wide variety of counter service available anyway.
These additions are fantastic and particularly needed at Hollywood Studios that has more American cuisine compared to the other parks. But even before Satuli Canteen opened in DAK there was already a good selection of quick service food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom