Revenge of the Mummy vs The Incredible Hulk Coaster

Better ride?

• Total voters

Tom Morrow

Mummy. It's a fully themed experience, and though it could use some upgrades, its a coaster/dark ride hybrid which is still fairly unique. The coaster portion is short but is great and packs a punch.

Hulk is only marginally more themed than a Six Flags coaster. It's an awful experience waiting in line for it, and while the launch and first portion are great, everything after the first vertical loop is not fun and often uncomfortable and headache-inducing. I often say that, with roller coasters, intensity doesn't necessarily equal fun, and Hulk is a prime example of that.

jonnyc

This is a really close one for me, as I love both attractions.

The queue of RotM has the better theming and I really like the overall attraction premise, it's one of the few attractions across Florida's studios parks (DHS and USO) that still have the entering a 'live-set' premise.

However, I think I prefer the actual ride experience of Hulk more, that initial launch is one of my favourites and I do love the intensity of the coaster.

BRER STITCH

I never would have thought to include these two in the same comparison poll, as I've always considered them to be two vastly different experiences, and love them both.
That said, my thought process would be: "If I only had time to ride one ride today...I'd pick REVENGE OF THE MUMMY!" :)

OG Runner

I went with the Mummy also. I just tend to enjoy the more themed, dark coasters. My nerves tend to get to me on the
bigger, outdoor coasters. I can easily ride Rock N' Roller Coaster at Disney, so I don't think it is the speed or the inversions.
I guess I just do better when I can't see what is coming.

lebeau

While I appreciate that Hulk is a great coaster, it's a bit much for me. My whole family enjoys the Mummy.

matt9112

Depends on if you are considering just the coaster itself or the entire experience. To me the mummy is a meh coaster with a great que and theme as well as great show scenes for a coaster. The hulk however is a far better coaster but has a much weaker que and obviously zero show scenes. I may be partial to B&M here though. The only flaw imho with the hulk from a coaster stand point is the last corkscrew is too tight and not smooth. Your comparing two amazingly different types of attraction.

Weather_Lady

I love fast coasters, but I find the Hulk to be tooth-chatteringly rough, which downgrades it a bit for me and the Mummy has more of a storyline, so overall, my vote would be for the Mummy.

matt9112

I love fast coasters, but I find the Hulk to be tooth-chatteringly rough, which downgrades it a bit for me and the Mummy has more of a storyline, so overall, my vote would be for the Mummy.

Even after the recent retrack? I find it smooth mostly until those last 2 inversions where it seems to get rough. Im not a coaster engineer but i feel like that back portion is simply wound too tight forcing the train to rotate etc faster causing the roughness.

Weather_Lady

Even after the recent retrack? I find it smooth mostly until those last 2 inversions where it seems to get rough. Im not a coaster engineer but i feel like that back portion is simply wound too tight forcing the train to rotate etc faster causing the roughness.
I've not ridden Hulk in a good 3 years (an intervening neck injury made me gunshy), but I take your word for it that it's improved since then.

Tom Morrow

Hulk was rebuilt five years ago. It's one of the most temperamental coasters ever with how much the ride experience from person to person, day to day, which is one of many reasons it is not a great coaster.

GuyFawkes

Two different coasters I can't really compare them.

As far as Hulk being harsh? I don't think so but I'm old and have ridden many wooden coasters. Those are sometimes built to be rough at times to give you the scary experience. Hulk is smooth then many of those.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Two different coasters I can't really compare them.

As far as Hulk being harsh? I don't think so but I'm old and have ridden many wooden coasters. Those are sometimes built to be rough at times to give you the scary experience. Hulk is smooth then many of those.
I don't know man, you're the one commenting on my thread nearly two months later haha, anyway it very well can be different for all, as I found Hulk rough especially on my head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom