• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
n13_universal_orlando_revenge_of_the_mummy

rock-and-roller-coaster-starring-aerosmith-00.jpg

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Mummy is a more enjoyable (and re-ridable) attraction, IMHO. The trains/restraints on RnRC also don't do it any favors. If they converted the OTSRs to lapbars on RnRC, it might be a little closer, but I'd still take Mummy...

JT3000

Literally any ride that doesn't feel like it was made for dwarves & doesn't pin my arm to the side of the vehicle is better than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. I'm also not a fan of the onboard "theming." Frankly I'm shocked the attraction has lasted this long, especially with the recent allegations coming out against Steven Tyler. Meanwhile Brendan Fraser remains unproblematic.

999th Happy Haunt

That’s just not true.
While it’s all down personal preference for any attraction, I find that Mummy has more of the things that people find desirable in attractions than RnRC has. Physical sets, animatronics, at practical effects like fire are not found on RnRC. RnRC is more thrilling, but I think most people would find Mummy a more fulfilling ride.

No Name

While it’s all down personal preference for any attraction, I find that Mummy has more of the things that people find desirable in attractions than RnRC has. Physical sets, animatronics, at practical effects like fire are not found on RnRC. RnRC is more thrilling, but I think most people would find Mummy a more fulfilling ride.
I’m not even saying RnRC is better, just that by no means is it objectively worse.

If you ask 100 random people (who’ve ridden both) which is better, I predict there’d be more RnRCs, but that’s beside the point. I think thrill is far more popular than animatronics and whatnot on a roller coaster.

JT3000

I’m not even saying RnRC is better, just that by no means is it objectively worse.

If you ask 100 random people (who’ve ridden both) which is better, I predict there’d be more RnRCs, but that’s beside the point. I think thrill is far more popular than animatronics and whatnot on a roller coaster.
RNRC isn't very thrilling though. It launches you through a loop and then basically just meanders after that. Mummy is actually the more lauded attraction, even among coaster junkies.

No Name

RNRC isn't very thrilling though. It launches you through a loop and then basically just meanders after that. Mummy is actually the more lauded attraction, even among coaster junkies.

I appreciate the research and find that interesting, but doubt the results would be the same outside of that niche group. But I could be wrong.

JT3000

I appreciate the research and find that interesting, but doubt the results would be the same outside of that niche group. But I could be wrong.
Well when it comes to coasters you either prioritize thrills or an immersive themed experience. I wouldn't say either group is niche amongst general parkgoers (and Hagrid's also appears on those lists, so there's obviously a cross-section where the two meet.) But more to the point I was trying to make, which is that Mummy appears to come out on top with both demographics. I really can't think of any demographic, except Disney fans who automatically favor anything Disney & rarely visit other parks, where RNRC gets talked about or praised more than Mummy. So if you hold this hypothetical 100 person survey somewhere on Disney property, then yeah, RNRC might win. Anywhere else? I just don't see it happening. I mean we're already discussing this on what is technically still a Disney forum and the poll is looking pretty lopsided.

Last edited:

OG Runner

I am torn. Rock n Roll is an exciting ride. You have more time to enjoy the atmosphere presented by the Mummy.
It is one of the reasons I like the Mummy more than most of the other coasters at Universal.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster

Bingo, that’s correct. Mummy is a better coaster and overall ride/experience.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster

Just stop lmao. The asking 100 people thing is so random and has no context. And as stated above, that can’t be as Mummy is CRUSHING RnRC on a Disney discussion site lol
Well when it comes to coasters you either prioritize thrills or an immersive themed experience. I wouldn't say either group is niche amongst general parkgoers (and Hagrid's also appears on those lists, so there's obviously a cross-section where the two meet.) But more to the point I was trying to make, which is that Mummy appears to come out on top with both demographics. I really can't think of any demographic, except Disney fans who automatically favor anything Disney & rarely visit other parks, where RNRC gets talked about or praised more than Mummy. So if you hold this hypothetical 100 person survey somewhere on Disney property, then yeah, RNRC might win. Anywhere else? I just don't see it happening. I mean we're already discussing this on what is technically still a Disney forum and the poll is looking pretty lopsided.
You made all the correct points, took the words right out of my mouth really.

No Name

The Mummy ride has animatronics, physical sets, a wonderfully themed queue, and a great story. RnR features a dated rock band with a now-controversial legacy and it's themed with Dollar Store signage.
And yet there are things about RnRC that some people enjoy more. Even if you or I heavily disagree with them, they’re not objectively wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom