Reusable mug question

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Let me start off by saying that we have the DDP when we go so I get the mugs in our plan, so Im not trying to bring old mugs with us....ok, I just wanted put out that disclaimer as to not start THAT fight again...now on with the show...err question.....

Have they implimented that new feature with the limited refills? Just curious, because if they have I do think it will change when we get a drink, you know like...get it later to take back to the room, not now, we are going to a park, most of it will get wasted type of situation...

Pioneer Hall

Refills are not limited in quantity with a refillable mug, only in time between getting them. So you can fill your mug as much as you want, but you are going to have to wait a few minutes between each fill up now. The only time your refills are limited is when you buy a standard beverage and then I believe you can only fill your cup 4 times within a certain period of time. With that said, the system has not been rolled out anywhere besides the All-Stars as of now (and it might only be limited to sports there).

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Refills are not limited in quantity with a refillable mug, only in time between getting them. So you can fill your mug as much as you want, but you are going to have to wait a few minutes between each fill up now. The only time your refills are limited is when you buy a standard beverage and then I believe you can only fill your cup 4 times within a certain period of time. With that said, the system has not been rolled out anywhere besides the All-Stars as of now (and it might only be limited to sports there).

Ahhh gotcha! The time limit in-between makes sense. Thanks Evan. :)

G00fyDad

Actually it is limited in ounces as well as time. Otherwise people would still fill up as much as they could for the time allowed. It still only allows like 20oz or something. Actually this whole point is kind of moot anyway. The refillable mugs with RFID are only at All Stars Sports and nowhere else right now. :)

AEfx

Actually it is limited in ounces as well as time. Otherwise people would still fill up as much as they could for the time allowed. It still only allows like 20oz or something. Actually this whole point is kind of moot anyway. The refillable mugs with RFID are only at All Stars Sports and nowhere else right now. :)

And I have a feeling that's where they will stay.

I knew they were there, but this is the first time I have heard of this super-micro management with refills and stuff. It all seems like such a bother for nothing.

I see why they have RFID to make sure you are using a Disney cup, but really...I can't imagine the savings beyond that being worth all the hassle.

Tink ッ

I guess the savings they'll make (in the long run) depends on how many uses old mugs or bring their own cups and fill it without paying for it. It might be a bigger problem than we know about.

G00fyDad

And I have a feeling that's where they will stay.

I knew they were there, but this is the first time I have heard of this super-micro management with refills and stuff. It all seems like such a bother for nothing.

I see why they have RFID to make sure you are using a Disney cup, but really...I can't imagine the savings beyond that being worth all the hassle.

The savings will simply be in the money they will make from mug sales and individual drink sales. They sell the drinks for 100% profit so that means the trashy people standing at the station filling up their milk jugs (yes, I have personally seen that crap) will now have to pay for their drinks and Disney will actually turn a larger profit from the sales now. It is, after all, about making money. :)

Pioneer Hall

Correct. I was just speaking in terms of limits on the refills themselves. It will cut you off and time you, but you can theoretically get 100 refills if you just wait for each one. There is no limit on the amount of times you can fill the mug.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom