News Reunion Station "Game Day Lounge" at Wilderness Lodge

nickys

Premium Member
I heard a recent rumor that they charge DVC resales for parking too...is that true?!?

Total BS!

They can’t. Resale owners pay maintenance fees, maintenance fees cover parking lots. Florida timeshare rules stop them even trying to pull that one.

Anyway, since when did you listen to rumours?

rreading

Total BS!

They can’t. Resale owners pay maintenance fees, maintenance fees cover parking lots. Florida timeshare rules stop them even trying to pull that one.

I imagine that they could say that their maintenance fees only cover their home resort, so they would have to pay fees elsewhere? Not that they should...but...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Total BS!

Any time they make sense...

(Aka not when they are immature fancy or designed for internet ego boosting 🤭 )

nickys

Premium Member
I imagine that they could say that their maintenance fees only cover their home resort, so they would have to pay fees elsewhere? Not that they should...but...

The maintenance fees do only cover your home resort. But you are using your membership to stay elsewhere. And the law says they cannot charge twice for something. So since the parking lot maintenance is covered by the fees of the owners of that resort, they cannot then charge members to park there.

All of which protects any owner from having to pay parking charges.

And that is all I’m going to say here. Let’s not turn this thread into another parking fees one. Everything that could be said has already been covered elsewhere.

KaliSplash

• 2 complimentary adult beverages per adult ages 21 and up; children and adults under 21 years of age will be served a DOLE Whip® and a Mickey ice cream bar in lieu of the 2 alcoholic beverages

How the heck are the drinks complimentary if you’re paying $50 per person??? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
quite simple. They are not charging extra for the first two drinks. You see, they are Not charging $50 for the"experience" and Then charging for those drinks separately. :)

Ravenclaw78

Original Poster
I heard a recent rumor that they charge DVC resales for parking too...is that true?!?
Fortunately, not true. All DVC members, resale or direct, have free resort parking when staying on points. When staying in a cash room, both direct and retail DVC members pay for parking. The latter is a relatively recent change. We used to get free parking on both points and cash.

Ravenclaw78

Original Poster
I can't imagine going to WDW and spending 4+ hours watching football games on TV in the middle of the day.

Tell that to all the (mostly) guys I see on Disney FB groups every Football season asking where's the best place to watch a game at. That, and DVC members in general tend to approach Disney World differently from the average guest. Since most of us (barring those that usually go to DL, Aulani, or use their points for cruises instead) know we'll be back to the parks many more times in the future, there's much less pressure to get everything done in a visit. Heck, some even sometimes stay at a DVC resort without ever going into the parks at all, and certainly someone taking a day to relax and watch some football wouldn't be unusual.

Ravenclaw78

Original Poster
Wanting to watch a football game I get.... but paying $50 for a basic sports bar experience!?

Given the food and drinks provided, $50 is practically a bargain compared to most Disney upcharges. I wouldn't do it, but the Super Bowl is the only sports I watch all year, so I'm not exactly the target audience. When I first saw this, my initial reaction was the same as yours. The more I think about it, though, the more this starts to sound like something that's actually going to be fairly popular. Though teriyaki wings instead of buffalo wings still seems like a miscalculation...

M:SpilotISTC12

Holy christ, another up-charge!? It's getting silly now. They closed Reunion Station with other up-charges and they replace it with this. Woof. I can't wait until they take away free access to Top Of The World. Once they do that, I'm dumping DVC.

wdwtopten

Tell that to all the (mostly) guys I see on Disney FB groups every Football season asking where's the best place to watch a game at. That, and DVC members in general tend to approach Disney World differently from the average guest. Since most of us (barring those that usually go to DL, Aulani, or use their points for cruises instead) know we'll be back to the parks many more times in the future, there's much less pressure to get everything done in a visit. Heck, some even sometimes stay at a DVC resort without ever going into the parks at all, and certainly someone taking a day to relax and watch some football wouldn't be unusual.

I'm DVC and I stand by my original statement. :cool:

dreamfinder

How the heck are the drinks complimentary if you’re paying $50 per person??? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'd suspect that you get 2 drink/dole whip tokens when you check in. If you want more they will gladly sell them to you at whatever the going price is. Unlike the food, that will just be put out on the table for everyone to gorge themselves on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom