News Reunion Station "Game Day Lounge" at Wilderness Lodge

Ravenclaw78

Original Poster
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I didn't find anything about it in the News, General, Resorts, or DVC boards. I know this is likely to start an unpleasant discussion about upcharges, but this seems to have slipped under the radar of all the boards and Disney news sites I follow (including @wdwmagic)

"Join us for football, food and fun at the Reunion Station Game Day Lounge—a new experience at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Florida. Here, Disney Vacation Club Members and special guests can watch football games on select Saturdays and Sundays."

Highlights & Menu
Cheer on your favorite team in a laidback lounge featuring delicious food and refreshing beverages!
Experience Highlights
When you book this game-day experience, you can enjoy:
  • Admission to Reunion Station to view 2 football games—a game starting at noon / 1:00 and a game starting in the mid-to-late afternoon
  • A menu of delectable dishes, savory snacks and sweet treats
  • 2 complimentary adult beverages per adult ages 21 and up; children and adults under 21 years of age will be served a DOLE Whip® and a Mickey ice cream bar in lieu of the 2 alcoholic beverages
  • Fun halftime activities
Menu
Hot food options will be served at 2 different times during the event—and may include:
  • Teriyaki wings
  • 3-bean Angus beef chili with cornbread, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, and cheddar cheese
  • Cheesy brisket with house-made potato chips
  • Deluxe Angus beef sliders with American cheese and caramelized onion jam
Cold food items may include:
  • Assorted finger sandwiches—like a BLT, a smoked turkey sandwich and a cucumber pita sandwich
  • Crudité with ranch and hummus
  • Flavored house-made potato chips—including sea salt, malt vinegar and buttermilk ranch
  • Cookies
  • Assorted cupcakes
Menu items are subject to change.

Important Details

Find out the dates, times, location, price and other important information for this event.
Dates & Times
This game-day experience is offered from 12:30 PM to 8:00 PM on the following dates from September 15, 2019 through December 28, 2019:
Saturdays
  • September 15, 22 and 29
  • October 5, 12, 19 and 26
  • November 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
  • December 7, 14, 21, 28
Sundays
  • October 6, 13, 20 and 27
  • November 3, 10, 17 and 24
  • December 1, 8, 15 and 22
  • Reunion Station at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
Price
  • Adult: $50 per adult (ages 10 and up) per game-day, inclusive of tax and gratuity
  • Child: $30 per child (ages 9 and under) per game-day, inclusive of tax and gratuity
Reservations
Reservations are required. Members may book in advance by calling Member Services at (800) 800-9800†. Full payment is required at the time of booking, with a credit card guarantee. Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may sell out or be unavailable.
Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to avoid surrendering the full payment. To cancel, call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.†
Important Information
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo I.D. required at check-in.
  • Guests must be 21 years of age with a photo I.D. to consume alcohol.
  • Disney Dining Plan Entitlements cannot be used for this experience.
  • Culinary Magic Experiences are not eligible for additional special offers or discounts, including the Disney Vacation Club Member 10% food and beverage discount.
  • Party size limit of the Member and up to 3 guests—for a total of up to 4 people.
    Please allow up to 1.5 hours for travel to your destination.
  • Menu items, pricing and hours are subject to change without notice.
  • Subject to restrictions and changes without notice.
  • Food allergies must be noted at time of booking.

Monorail_Orange

plaid.gif

Ravenclaw78

Original Poster
Thing is though, it's not really a new upcharge. See this thread/story -> https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-info-on-reunion-station.938768/#post-8112392
It's more a retargeting of the upcharge to a wider audience. Probably weren't hitting their desired numbers.

They seem to have kind of given up on the whole "club level" idea, and are now pushing "experiences" (i.e. cake decorating classes) as individual upcharges instead. So yeah, this is just adding one more experience to the list and not taking away anything that was previously available. Still, Disney's choice to make Reunion Station paid-access in the first place instead of a community hall wasn't exactly popular, and reminders of that tend to incite riots.

seascape

There is a mistake in the dates. Saturday's is September are the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th. September 29 is a Sunday. I did a double take because I will be there the 20th to 29th.

Calmdownnow

The Station is not really a large space. Can't imagine anyone wanting to spend 7 and a half hours there (12.30-8pm), especially with kids. Plus, even my mother would get through more than two drinks in that time period.

rreading

The Station is not really a large space. Can't imagine anyone wanting to spend 7 and a half hours there (12.30-8pm), especially with kids. Plus, even my mother would get through more than two drinks in that time period.

I'm sure that they will sell you more drinks. It would be nice for it to be available for a more succinct time for a smaller price (I don't need to take more than 4h out of my trip to watch two games). Keep it going all day...I guess that they can still charge the same price...but for the price, the venue stays open till the last game until 11PM (but they gather up the food after 8PM maybe). WDW knows that ESPN has a prime time game and it would be likely to be the one on Saturday we would most want to see.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not disputing the value or merits of upcharges...

But please, please stop calling everything an “experience” 😡😡

They just sell a “ticket” to everything now...or a “fee”....that’s all. It’s not life altering

How is watching ESPN or cbs in a room with finger foods “an experience”?? Americans have been doing that anyway since 1975.

Now a kegger on the beach? And gator wrestling?...then maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:

rreading

I’m not disputing the value or merits of upcharges...

But please, please stop calling everything an “experience” 😡😡

They just sell a “ticket” to everything now...or a “fee”....that’s all. It’s not life altering

How is watching ESPN or cbs in a room with finger foods “an experience”?? Americans have been doing that anyway since 1975.

Now a kegger on the beach? And gator wrestling?...then maybe...

I suppose you could call it an activity if it were more active. But it's just a name. Were they to call it an attraction, I suppose then that would be over the top, but most everything we do is an experience. Sure, it's not unique, but it's still an experience. So is going to buy a car or going to use the restroom. (queue the "at least they don't charge us to go to the restroom yet" reply)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I suppose you could call it an activity if it were more active. But it's just a name. Were they to call it an attraction, I suppose then that would be over the top, but most everything we do is an experience. Sure, it's not unique, but it's still an experience. So is going to buy a car or going to use the restroom. (queue the "at least they don't charge us to go to the restroom yet" reply)
This is all i’ll Say on this admitted snit.:

This “experience” stuff is being used by Disney to steer the people to upsells...including things that are starting to replace standard benefits. Their methods aren’t that mysterious.

Ok...enjoy, everyone 😎

rreading

This is all i’ll Say on this admitted snit.:

This “experience” stuff is being used by Disney to steer the people to upsells...including things that are starting to replace standard benefits. Their methods aren’t that mysterious.

Ok...enjoy, everyone 😎

But it's food and drinks, which has never been free. Is it worth $50? That's anyone's guess. While I could afford it, I can't imagine that I ever would want to (nor the fireworks dessert party or most any of the others).

Should the space sit empty for anyone to bring their own food and drinks and use for their own enjoyment? I would prefer that, I suppose. But they have never allowed this building to be used casually without a kind of reservation.

So not for me, but if there's a market...

nickys

Premium Member
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I didn't find anything about it in the News, General, Resorts, or DVC boards. I know this is likely to start an unpleasant discussion about upcharges, but this seems to have slipped under the radar of all the boards and Disney news sites I follow (including @wdwmagic)

"Join us for football, food and fun at the Reunion Station Game Day Lounge—a new experience at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Florida. Here, Disney Vacation Club Members and special guests can watch football games on select Saturdays and Sundays."

• 2 complimentary adult beverages per adult ages 21 and up; children and adults under 21 years of age will be served a DOLE Whip® and a Mickey ice cream bar in lieu of the 2 alcoholic beverages

How the heck are the drinks complimentary if you’re paying $50 per person??? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

How the heck are the drinks complimentary if you’re paying $50 per person??? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
...the sun is starting to peak through the clouds...
The "Magic" of Disney.

And you can’t put a price on that

Schema

So, I've been at WDW during football season before and I have gone back to the room to watch my alma mater play while the rest of my family went to the parks. Now, I'm asking myself, if I had been staying at Wilderness Lodge, and if this "experience" had existed at that time, would I have been interested? I'm not real sure. There is a chance maybe. $50 for two meals and two alcoholic beverages is not that bad. I guess it would have depended on if my school was playing in one of the games and if I had any interest in the other game. Also, I think the odds would go way up if I had a buddy there with me. Otherwise, I'm fine with taking some food back to the room and watching the game by myself where I am in charge of the remote control. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom