News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

JohnD

Oxford dictionary defintion :)

• stop using (a piece of equipment or a building) but keep it in good condition so that it can readily be used again.
Which is what mothballs are really supposed to do. Why does grandma's place smell the way it does? Probably because she has something in encased in mothballs to protect it.

MrPromey

Is it really all that hard to understand why the trams aren't coming back right now?

I mean seriously I know half or more of your posts are sarcastic and IMO a bit biased, but this isn't really all that hard of a decision to understand.

Budgets and Manpower right now are tight. Coming off Covid and re-openings you put money and manpower where it will have most impact or where there is the most need.

In this case extra money and CM's should be dedicated to park operations that most, if not all guests are going to use, as opposed to a minority/subset of guests. Anyone not driving to the parks isn't using the tram. Anyone driving to the parks early and getting premium parking isn't likely using a tram. For many people who have no problem walking, they are not waiting around for a tram and simply walking to the park. That was true even before covid.

And while yes the covid closing has been past us for a while now, can anyone really argue that they think the parks themselves are being staffed at a level where they couldn't benefit from more workers? So if its a choice between adding workers to increase park offerings that everyone will use, or adding back in trams at a couple parks for a minority of people will use, is there even a choice of what the proper move is?

Personally, I'm just glad they recognized that this lack of service in these two lots standing in stark contrast to the other two was a good enough reason to reduce the price of parking for Epcot and Hollywood Studios until such services are eventually restored.

I mean, presumably, that was what some of that higher parking fee was going towards, right?

JMcMahonEsq

Personally, I'm just glad they recognized that this lack of service in these two lots standing in stark contrast to the other two was a good enough reason to reduce the price of parking for Epcot and Hollywood Studios until such services are eventually restored.

I mean, presumably, that was what some of that higher parking fee was going towards, right?
I don't get it?

You don't reduce prices just because your costs decrease.
You reduce prices because the market isn't willing to pay your current price.
If your costs decrease and the market is still willing to pay your current price, its winner winner chicken dinner time.

MrPromey

I don't get it?

You don't reduce prices just because your costs decrease.
You reduce prices because the market isn't willing to pay your current price.
If your costs decrease and the market is still willing to pay your current price, its winner winner chicken dinner time.

That's not even what I was saying, here.

I know you don't get it but it's cool. 👍

cranbiz

Garages are a great idea and would be a convenience for the guests.

RCID can float the bonds to build them............................

Oh crap, RCID is going away. Thanks Bob2 and Ronnie.

Scrap that idea. Normal Guest parking just went up to $50 to pay for them.

tpoly88

Agree. Rather have them in the park than the trams for sure. Epcot the parking is not that far away that you can’t walk. Only place is the first lot on the right all the way on the end as you can’t cut through. Ada parking is right in front and the tram always took so long to load. I don’t miss it nor did I use it when it worked. I could walk faster.

Goofyernmost

Agree. Rather have them in the park than the trams for sure. Epcot the parking is not that far away that you can’t walk. Only place is the first lot on the right all the way on the end as you can’t cut through. Ada parking is right in front and the tram always took so long to load. I don’t miss it nor did I use it when it worked. I could walk faster.
Perhaps you could, that doesn't mean that everyone can and not everyone with mobility problems have handicap parking or parking availability.

MrPromey

Sorry - my post was sarcasm.

They actually ARE charging the same as the other lots, despite having reduced amenities and less overhead to operate these.

Glad you want cast in the parks but that has nothing to do with the price you pay to park when one of the things that supposedly justified that price in the past is taken away - especially, when it's not done consistently, despite maintaining consistent pricing among the properties.

ToTBellHop

Still nothing for Epcot and Studios? Rude.
In just 1 day parking in the Hei Hei lot, I dropped 8 pants sizes!

1680211410227.jpeg

Thank you, Mickey!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom