News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

Casper Gutman

Honestly I feel Dollywood has been classier for a few years.
Yes, Dollywood has been MUCH classier then Disney in a lot of ways for a while - more so then Uni in some ways, too. The scent of greed doesn’t waft off DW the way it does the much larger resorts.

For one thing, I’m fairly sure it’s much better to be an employee at DW then at either Orlando park.

Casper Gutman

WDW has changed in a lot of awful ways over the last couple decades, but this is the first change I think is utterly indefensible. And remember, they’re trying to explain this by exploiting one of the greatest global tragedies of the last century. Greed-besotted cowards.

tpoly88

Parking lots are cheap compared to garages. Who has lots of land and who has no land? Hint one builds garages and slidewalks and the other owns an asphalt plant
i completely agree with you on the costs. be suprised if in the new $7T spending bills from the govt does not have some big incentives to get rid of heat islands like a parking lot and build garages with solar or wind turbines on top (the smaller roof top kind). This is off topic but werent they mentioning putting a hotel right at the entrance to epcot? where would be the room for this?

JoeCamel

i completely agree with you on the costs. be suprised if in the new $7T spending bills from the govt does not have some big incentives to get rid of heat islands like a parking lot and build garages with solar or wind turbines on top (the smaller roof top kind). This is off topic but werent they mentioning putting a hotel right at the entrance to epcot? where would be the room for this?
Florida is one big heat island.
Epcot hotel was off by the bus stop i think

EeyoreFan#24

Why wait until they get to the park to collect their money?

Start selling WalkDisney medals for those who opt not to take the tram. Only $29.99 each. Prepay before arrival required.

Upcharge idea…

Since you still need park reservations, give a race bib with the reservation number and make the bottom a punch line of prepaid food and drink coupons around the world! The possibilities of package deals are endless!

Only $250 not including park admission.

JMcMahonEsq

Disney simply cannot bring the trams back right now. They are financially stretched to the max and even the small amount of money these cost to run could tip the balance and send the company into financial ruin.

I mean, what other excuse could there be? 🙄
Is it really all that hard to understand why the trams aren't coming back right now?

I mean seriously I know half or more of your posts are sarcastic and IMO a bit biased, but this isn't really all that hard of a decision to understand.

Budgets and Manpower right now are tight. Coming off Covid and re-openings you put money and manpower where it will have most impact or where there is the most need.

In this case extra money and CM's should be dedicated to park operations that most, if not all guests are going to use, as opposed to a minority/subset of guests. Anyone not driving to the parks isn't using the tram. Anyone driving to the parks early and getting premium parking isn't likely using a tram. For many people who have no problem walking, they are not waiting around for a tram and simply walking to the park. That was true even before covid.

And while yes the covid closing has been past us for a while now, can anyone really argue that they think the parks themselves are being staffed at a level where they couldn't benefit from more workers? So if its a choice between adding workers to increase park offerings that everyone will use, or adding back in trams at a couple parks for a minority of people will use, is there even a choice of what the proper move is?

Kamikaze

I had to look up what mothballed meant. It’s ghost fleet for Americans. 😆
Are you trying to say 'mothballed' isn't a term used in the US?

Ghost fleet isn't really the same thing, as thats typically used as a 'reserve'. Meaning you have one fleet operating and you have the 'ghosts' for backup. This isn't the case with the trams as there are no operating vehicles at these two parks.

Ayla

Are you trying to say 'mothballed' isn't a term used in the US?

Ghost fleet isn't really the same thing, as thats typically used as a 'reserve'. Meaning you have one fleet operating and you have the 'ghosts' for backup. This isn't the case with the trams as there are no operating vehicles at these two parks.
'Mothballed' is a frequently used term in the US and as you said, 'ghost fleet' is nowhere near the same thing.

DisneyCane

A garage would take up a smaller footprint thereby reducing the amount of solar panels that could be installed over the parking. An enormous amount of energy would need to be used to build the unnecessary garage.

There may be some kind of incentive to put solar panels over the parking lot but there must be a reason that none of the on property solar farms were built over any lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom