News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

Chi84

Premium Member
Regular enough that I received one nearly a dozen times.

But it’s irrelevant now because they no longer give them out anyway. However, if you ask the security guard if you can park and go to a park I assure you they will say no.
Of course they will; that’s the policy. There were also signs to that effect although I didn’t see one at the Contemporary this last trip. I was a little cautious after reading some of the posts here so for a few trips I asked the guards if there was a time limit. They always said no, don’t worry and enjoy yourself.

Disney’s application of its policies is fairly discretionary and will change based on its business needs. At least that’s the wording I received every time I asked about a policy. I assume if they want to give you a time limit for parking with a restaurant reservation they will do so. Or you can ask the guard. Otherwise I wouldn’t stress about it. As @Bullseye1967 said, they’re not going to tow your car.

ImperfectPixie

The point is theres no need to charge people staying there.....at all. Dining revenue also shouldn't be some holt spirit the entire
resort is run around. It should be a component of a much larger strategy. Your point is only valid because of industry norms....the same reason they decided they can charge for hotel parking. Society has determined its ok to park for free if your eating but not if your renting a room. In places where parking is a Commodity i can get behind it. Where not in that place....its simply a case of money being left on the table....for decades...
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think ANY hotel/resort should charge for parking...they might as well charge a freaking "breathing fee". Unfortunately, they do charge. And people using resort parking to skirt the park parking fees are only making things worse for those going to the resort to stay or dine in the short term, and in the long term for everyone, because you know if Disney thinks they can close the loophole and make more money at the same time, they will.

matt9112

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think ANY hotel/resort should charge for parking...they might as well charge a freaking "breathing fee". Unfortunately, they do charge. And people using resort parking to skirt the park parking fees are only making things worse for those going to the resort to stay or dine in the short term, and in the long term for everyone, because you know if Disney thinks they can close the loophole and make more money at the same time, they will.

You make it seem like the lots cant be free....and secure.....gates and security personal can exsist without charging parking fees. Its just alot less profitable.

ImperfectPixie

You make it seem like the lots cant be free....and secure.....gates and security personal can exsist without charging parking fees. Its just alot less profitable.
How so? The reality is that Disney decided to charge resort parking fees. If I could make them reverse that decision, I would.

When I say people are making it worse for people staying or dining at the resorts, I mean by making it extremely difficult to find a place to park.

G00fyDad

Maybe if Disney would have people directed to another lot that is separated from the main resort lot and each car would be given a 3 hour pass. At the end of the 3 hours the person would have to pay the $25 park parking fee to get the car back out of the lot.

dovetail65

Hey say what you want, but the workers at Disney are actually understanding.

Many times we had a dinner, lunch breakfast etc at the Contemp or Poly. We have handicap so we get free valet. One of our first trips after lunch I go to get the car from valet and tell the guy we are off to park at MK, he say what, just keep the car here and use the monorail. I said oh I didn't think that was allowed so he called the front desk, they said no it is silly to go repark, take the monorail.

So though we fell into that there is nothing wrong with it. That being said my wife complained because she likes taking the ferry boat from the parking lot to MK so she wasn't happy anyhow.

My point, if you are spending coin and a true customer at Disney they don't care about the parking the rules that are actuly designed to simply relieve lots from being full, not penalize or inconvenience. money spending guests, either hotel or restaurant.

Anyone that sets up a 500.00 character breakfast or lunch at Chef Mickey's at Contemp and then leaves their car there all day long going straight to MK, I am not going to make them feel bad nor should anyone else. Every time we ever ate at Contemp or Poly for a early breakfast, whether Top of the World, a character breakfast etc we always left our car there and went straight to MK or even EPCOT and I don not feel like I cheated or broke any rules either

We’ve taken 2 or 3 trips every year throughout the 2000’s, stayed at OKW, SSR and Kidani. We’ve also gone to dinner at the Contemporary, Polynesian, GF, Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Clubs and we’ve never seen a 3-hour parking pass. Maybe this is something that was done during busy times like Christmas or Easter?

I obviously can’t say it never happened, but it seems strange that we could have visited so many times and places without ever once being given a time limit on parking for dinner. But of all the resorts, we visited the Poly least often and WL only once or twice.

The so called 3 hour parking pass were for people that wanted to go to the resorts and walk around, it was never for people with a dinner reservation(we have eaten too many times to count never had a timeline for a restaurant reservation, ever), heck many time we were in there over 4 hours just for a character meal or fireworks meal package so a 3 hour pass just doesn't make sense for many of the dinner reservations. Now of course we need dinner reservation to visit the hotels(unless they changed that rule back already), if going by car anyhow.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Id say there's a huge difference between 'need' and 'want'......theres plenty of lazy people who would much prefer being taken somewhere to avoid walking....the amount of people that actually 'need' it, as in, they cannot make it otherwise, is very very small.

I get your situation, but its a tiny number that could not go without the trolleys so Disney aren't that concerned by its effects.
Believe me, if you are just lazy you will use those just once. They are a blessing if you cannot stand or walk long distances, but they are bulky, sometimes hard to operate and you spend the day butt level with everyone. Not always a pleasant sight or smell. Lazy consists of a very, very small small group. If you rent one from Disney it is quite expensive plus be passed by a number of snails and if from outside sources it still requires taking up a lot of space in your room and a lot of handling if you don't stay onsite. That lazy thing is just one of the many erroneous conspiracy theory's that have been spread over the years. Personally, I have back issues (L3,L4,L5) I cannot walk long distances or stand in lines for very long. When I get off my scooter I am aware that no one would suspect that I had a problem. At that point all is fine. My guess is that is the type of situation that starts those stories, however, if it weren't for those little machines I would have to stay at home. Loosely translated, I don't give a damn what others might be thinking. I live my life for me and the people I love. Strangers are just carbon based life forms that always seem to be in my way.

Last edited:

Freshee61

So glad wdw got ridiculed for not operating their trams.
all the money they saving on not paying employees to drive them, saving on diesel/gas and tram maintenance
Just as all the money their saving in other areas due to “covid excuse” shows closed , shows half capacity, housekeeping not daily.
Their 💯 ridiculous. Glad they got called out.

Disone

So glad wdw got ridiculed for not operating their trams.
all the money they saving on not paying employees to drive them, saving on diesel/gas and tram maintenance
Just as all the money their saving in other areas due to “covid excuse” shows closed , shows half capacity, housekeeping not daily.
Their 💯 ridiculous. Glad they got called out.
Mostly agree. For housekeeping its more complex then that. There's a whole lot more at play for housekeeping than just the covid-19 I feel it is a legitimate covid reason.

They are trying to avoid the amount of times that a housekeeper is in your room for more than 15 minutes. If the housekeeper is covid positive the hope is that by being in your room for less than 15 minutes they will not leave a contagious dose. Likewise if you are positive and you have left a contagious dose in your room it is hoped that by limiting the housekeeper to 15 minutes or less they will not contract the disease.

How much you buy into all that is up to you but it is the reason why WDW initially Limited the housekeeping services. Fast forward to now and they just don't have enough housekeepers to provide the daily service to all the rooms even if they wanted to.

Wilkie

Maybe when overseas travellers are allowed back into the US from next Monday there may be people from abroad looking for work and they will be able to employ people to drive the trams. I anticipate from next Tuesday there will be so many more people at WDW that cars will be parked even further away from the park entrances than they are now.

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe when overseas travellers are allowed back into the US from next Monday there may be people from abroad looking for work and they will be able to employ people to drive the trams. I anticipate from next Tuesday there will be so many more people at WDW that cars will be parked even further away from the park entrances than they are now.
To be able to work you need certain types of VISA. At the moment Disney can’t use the International CMs because those Visas are only being issued for students studying in the US and for certain other very specific professionals.

castlecake2.0

To be able to work you need certain types of VISA. At the moment Disney can’t use the International CMs because those Visas are only being issued for students studying in the US and for certain other very specific professionals.
The Cultural Representative visa doesn’t require an educational component and could be brought back anytime Disney wants as it was created exclusively for Walt Disney World.

nickys

Premium Member
The Cultural Representative visa doesn’t require an educational component and could be brought back anytime Disney wants as it was created exclusively for Walt Disney World.
I thought it was the J-1 visa for cultural exchange? That’s been mentioned in adverts here in the U.K. for the Disney programmes.
Even if that is not accurate, doesn’t the reinstatement of any visa programme have to be by a government mandate? That’s what led to the suspension of visa services during the pandemic.

castlecake2.0

I thought it was the J-1 visa for cultural exchange? That’s been mentioned in adverts here in the U.K. for the Disney programmes.
Even if that is not accurate, doesn’t the reinstatement of any visa programme have to be by a government mandate? That’s what led to the suspension of visa services during the pandemic.
Cultural Reps are on a Q1 Visa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom