Return of evening Extra Magic Hours?

mgf

Original Poster
The 6-9am "Extra, EMHs" end on November 2. After that, only 1 hour of morning EMHs is listed on each Sunday. There are no evening EMHs listed through March 2020. Will evening EMHs return to DHS?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
EMH has been cut so much that since its only one park per day they pick and choose which parks which days get which EMH and it would seem that HS and AK didn't make the cut for PM EMH.

Kevin_W

In December, I see the "normal" (for the past few years) schedule with 2 hour PM EMH for Epcot on Tuesdays, MK of Wednesdays. If you mean DHS, they haven't had evening EMH for some time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The 6-9am "Extra, EMHs" end on November 2. After that, only 1 hour of morning EMHs is listed on each Sunday. There are no evening EMHs listed through March 2020. Will evening EMHs return to DHS?
how much ya willing to pay for them? 😉
Remember the nights when Magic Kingdom closed at 3am and the park opened again at 7am. How the heck did the park get cleaned?
Easy...proper levels of competent staff

surfsupdon

I was hopeful that Extra EMH would be continued. Does not seem very likely at this point.

I’d be more impressed if Extra EMH were offered during the busiest months, as opposed to the slowest time of year.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I was hopeful that Extra EMH would be continued. Does not seem very likely at this point.

I’d be more impressed if Extra EMH were offered during the busiest months, as opposed to the slowest time of year.

Well technically October has become a very busy month in recent years.
Also They always have extended hours and more EMH during the truly busiest times of year like Christmas through New Years and the week before/after easter Sunday.

surfsupdon

Well technically October has become a very busy month in recent years.
Also They always have extended hours and more EMH during the truly busiest times of year like Christmas through New Years and the week before/after easter Sunday.
I have travelled both weeks each a dozen times or so. While I agree the Park hours are longer for all, the concept of Extra EMH (as they have for Sept/Oct) does not exist. Morning EMH is still an hour and evening EMH is still two hours at the two parks.

What I was arguing was that if September crowds warranted a 6am opening at HS, and a 7am opening at two additional parks on the same day, everyday, that that courtesy should be extended to Christmas Week and both Spring and Easter Break Times. It is not forecasted for this year, and that’s a shame.

nickys

Premium Member
I have travelled both weeks each a dozen times or so. While I agree the Park hours are longer for all, the concept of Extra EMH (as they have for Sept/Oct) does not exist. Morning EMH is still an hour and evening EMH is still two hours at the two parks.

What I was arguing was that if September crowds warranted a 6am opening at HS, and a 7am opening at two additional parks on the same day, everyday, that that courtesy should be extended to Christmas Week and both Spring and Easter Break Times. It is not forecasted for this year, and that’s a shame.

The Christmas hours are always extended, but much nearer the time - middle of November and sometimes even closer. Once the parties finish, MK will almost certainly have daily 7am EMH with 8am normal opening, and has often had a couple of evening EMH days too. AK and DHS usually also have daily EMH in the morning; Epcot typically retains normal opening times.

Those Extra EMH for Sept & Oct were all about the anticipated extra guests for SW:GE. I expect they will return for the opening of Rise of the Resistance, but it will be interesting to see what they do over the two weeks of Christmas and New Year.

Surferboy567

I’m planning on a trip January 16th...since that’s relatively close to Rise’s opening...any chance extra extra magic hours would be offered? I feel like they would want to offer the hours with Rise opening.

NoChesterHester

Be curious to see if Disney After Hours pop up again for Hollywood Studios. With the number of eTic rides and the fastpass limitations it could actually be a good buy.

Hawkeye_2018

I'm hoping it returns for our trip in March. I've heard how cool Toy Story land is at night and would love to get some extra time there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom