Retirement home 55+

mikey531

Original Poster
We are life long Disney World visitors. We have decided to buy a winter home 1/2 hour to 3/4 hour away from Disney. We don't need a big place just a place for the two of us for a couple of months in the winter to escape the New Hampshire winters. We have looked around online but the HOA fees seem very high. Maybe we can't afford to but looking for options. Thanks !!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My parents just moved into Windmill Village in Davenport/north Polk County and they (and I) love it. They're probably 25 minutes from Disney.

pkkurz

We too decided to get a place to spend winters in florida as well as go to Disney often. We also wanted a place large enough for family and grandkids to visit. We started looking in 2016 and actually made a trip for the sole purpose of finding a place similar to what you are looking for. We spent 4 days with a relator determining what we didn’t want (things online are not what they appear). We then changed our focus and bought a condo in Windsor Hills Resort. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Yes the HOA fees are high (in fact we have two, one for the resort and one for the condo) but you get what you pay for. We made the decision to rent our property as a vacation home when we are not there. We don’t make any money doing this, but it does cover the HOA and tax expenses. Good luck in your search. If you have any specific questions, feel free to send us a message.

macefamily

We'll be in the same boat in a few years. I'll collect a modest pension which will help, but we can't afford a big place. Even if I walk away from selling my PA home with $50k, that will barely buy a trailer. I still plan on working somewhere part time just to have a few bucks in my pocket. My daughter is moving to Jacksonville in two weeks so she'll be the first of us to transplant in FL. Good luck with your search.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom