Restuarant For Firstimers

rdmanley

Original Poster
Hi All,

I am new to this board but looking for great info. My family is leaving in 7 days for WDW. We are looking for a great themed restuarant for us to enjoy one night. We are taking my parents for their first trip to Disney and would like to go someplace great. We dined at Chef Mickey's last year and would like to do that one agian although its loud, its a great place. Do you have other recommendations for a quieter dinner that is still great?

Thanks for the help

AshAlytwins

We always enjoy Nine Dragons at Epcot for a great quiet meal. Le cellier is always a favorite of my In-Laws (both in their mid 70's)when they accompany us. For a rambuncios, fun meal, you can't beat Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. A nice meal at O'hana's near the windows while the fireworks from MK are happening is always a favorite too!!! You should concider the Disney Dining Plan if you want to get the best food for your money!!!

Jamie P

There are many great themed restaurants on property. Remember though that because your trip is quickly approaching and Disney books dining 180 days out, some of your choices may not be available. With that said, for a great theme inside a park, I would have to say either 50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi at Disney's MGM. At 50's Prime Time, you sit in "kitchen" style rooms with old television series playing. Sci-Fi is set up where you sit at tables that look like cars, viewing old movies and cartoons on a screen that resembles an old drive-in movie theater. Both are less "formal" type dining, no characters, but great atmosphere. I also agree that Whispering Canyon is a fun and entertaining place to dine and the food choices are really good. The servers are entertaining and make the visit really enjoyable. Note that the Whispering Canyon is going to be a "loud" place to dine also, with lots of activity going on.

Also check into MGM's Brown Derby. This restaurant has fabulous food and it has always been very quiet when we have dined there. The staff is friendly and the service is fantastic. The restaurant is designed just like Hollywood's old Brown Derby.

Nicole

Some of it would depend on the ages of the people in your party. Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom has good hearty food and characters but IMO is quieter than many of the other character dinners.

We love Biergarten in Germany at Epcot, the food is good and plentiful and the entertainment is fun.

'Ohana is a fun dinner with the food cooked on skewers and games for the kids.

I never plan a Disney trip without lots of study of the menus at AllEarsNet.com, on the top of the screen click on "dining," and there are reviews of all the restaurants, guest comments and best of all MENUS!

tigsmom

Our favorites:

The Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK
Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco, EPCOT
The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL -kindo nosiy, but fun
Artist Point WL
The Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary
Cape May Cafe, great seafood buffet in the Beach Club
The Yachtsman Steakhouse in the Yacht Club
'Ohana at the Polynesian

I know many people make their reservations starting at the earliest date,but we usually wait until we are in WDW and make ours the day or so before...you have to be flexible about times and locations. To be honest we have never really had a bad meal at WDW, but some have been much better than others.

rdmanley

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. We are counting now. Right now its snowing at home, so I am looking forward to sun and fun.:sohappy:

figmentmom

Here's another vote for Ohana at the Polynesian...great atmosphere and good food make it a good choice for a party of mixed ages!

Have a great time. :wave:

celticdog

Here's my 2 cents.

Epcot:
Marrakesh has a great atmosphere plus a really good dinner show.
The Coral Reef has a nice relaxing atmosphere and the noise level is very low.

MGM:
The Sci-Fi is just plain fun, but it doesn't accomodate very large parties. You can only fit about 6 per car and it's tough to have conversations.

MK:
The only place we've eaten here is Cindy's Royal Table. For dinner it tends to be much quieter than breakfast and much more romantic, especially for two.

The Resorts:
Ohana is tops in my book. Great food, great service and a fantastic view.

DigitalDisney

There are a ton of choices here. I'm not sure how the food quality/quantity is at these places, but I know that the theming is fun and outstanding.

EP:
- Living Seas is a unique dining experience. It's peaceful, and has a great view of your dinner.
- San Angel Inn is probably the best themed restaurant in all of WDW

MGM:
- You can't go wrong with the Sci-Fi. It's one of the coolest places to eat at in WDW

AK / Downtown Disney:
- The Rainforest Cafe is definately a fun place to eat at. I'd at least visit the restautant and store it if you've never seen one (it's a small national chain)

Resorts:
- The people seem to like Ohana. The theming there is fun, dinner is in a endless buffet format, and you can have a great view of the resort grounds. Not only that, but you can explore WDW's finest resort at night! (that was completely unbiased =) )
- The California Grill on top of the Contemporary has an outstanding view of the MK, Poly, and Grand Floridian. If you time it right, you can see the MK fireworks and/or parades while you eat

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom