Restricted Rehire for the Second Time

cm4life

Original Poster
Hey everyone, new poster here (obviously). I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere. I haven't seen it, but it may have escaped my notice. I will try to make my explanation behind it as brief as possible.

I love Disney, like most of you. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be a cast member. When I was in college I entered the college program twice and loved it the entire time I was there. However, in my second program, right at the end, I had some health problems and was forced to leave the program early. This led to me having a restricted rehire status. Anyway, a couple years later I applied for a job and was ecstatic to be hired, full time no less. During the interview, though, the recruiter told me that she could overturn my restricted status to be hired, but that this would be the only time that a restricted status could be overturned, and that if I received one again, I could not get it removed.

I worked at Disney for just about a year before, without going into a whole lot of detail, I had to self term suddenly due to family issues when my then-wife began to struggle increasingly with depression and attempted to take her own life. After her second attempt, it was decided that we should move closer to her family, where we had more of a support net. This all happened in March of 2015.

We are now no longer together, and she is doing much better and is getting the help she needs, so the issue is no longer present in any way. Recently, I have been considering applying for a job at WDW again, so I called HR to see what my rehire status would be, and was told that I once again have a restricted status.

My question is this: does anyone know if there is any truth to not being able to overturn a rehire status a second time? Is there any point in me even applying? I know it sounds fake or cheesy, but I honestly believe that being a cast member is what I am meant to be. People who are close to me have told me that they have never seen me happier or more alive than when I was a cast member, so I would jump through any hoops I have to so I can get back to making magic. I know that one thing that Disney looks at is if it has been at least six months since I self termed and that I have had steady employment for at least six months, and I have obviously fulfilled the prior, and for the latter, I have been working the same job since April of last year and am still working there today.

Anyway, sorry this post has gone on so long, but I really wanted an answer. Thank you!

rob0519

If working for Disney is something you feel you need to do, then there is a point in applying. If you don't apply, you will never get an accurate and official answer. Corporate policies change all the time. When you're ready, take your best shot and re-apply. You already appear to think it's a long shot. I think being told you can't be re-hired is better than wondering what could be. I hope this works out in your favor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom