Restaurants and Park Hopping

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
I'm sure its just to early to tell yet, and I haven't seen anything about it, but as we are currently still booked for a mid October DVC stay for a week, and if we get the same restaurants we had already booked (before they got canceled), and Disney is only allowing people to pick one park, our vacation will end up being nothing but Epcot.

Most of our choices are for Epcot locations, but we'd like to go to the other three parks while there. But if they are only going to allow 1 park per day, we wont be able to enjoy the week much. Eating at all the unique restaurant is reason #1 for even going every year. And I'm totally aware of the difficulties that's going on right now, and not tiring to minimize that, but it still stings to have to pay so much to go, and have the hopping issue get in the way.

I'm hoping DVC and Annual Passholders will get some extras that would allow us to visit say MK in the morning and afternoon, then enjoy dinner in France at night. But I'm starting to get the feeling that it's not to be. I don't think I've ever done more than 2 parks in one day, so I'd be fine with a 2 limit.

If you are staying on property, they really should let you hop.

ppet

I have only stayed in the same park one time. My family has always preferred to hop and I have done three parks often, all four on a few days. I'm not sure we will return until hopping is allowed again. Although with the reduced hours, I would think about eating at Disney Springs after park closure.

crawale

I'm sure its just to early to tell yet, and I haven't seen anything about it, but as we are currently still booked for a mid October DVC stay for a week, and if we get the same restaurants we had already booked (before they got canceled), and Disney is only allowing people to pick one park, our vacation will end up being nothing but Epcot.

Most of our choices are for Epcot locations, but we'd like to go to the other three parks while there. But if they are only going to allow 1 park per day, we wont be able to enjoy the week much. Eating at all the unique restaurant is reason #1 for even going every year. And I'm totally aware of the difficulties that's going on right now, and not tiring to minimize that, but it still stings to have to pay so much to go, and have the hopping issue get in the way.

I'm hoping DVC and Annual Passholders will get some extras that would allow us to visit say MK in the morning and afternoon, then enjoy dinner in France at night. But I'm starting to get the feeling that it's not to be. I don't think I've ever done more than 2 parks in one day, so I'd be fine with a 2 limit.

If they are not allowing you to park hop they should refund part of an AP or Park Hopper ticket.

Yellow Shoes

I too am bummed/concerned about lack of park hopping. I'm trying to coordinate the wants/needs of different family members and hopping was a key part of maintaining harmony. (early to bed, doesn't care for AK, vs wants to do everything)

JIMINYCR

I'd think staying in one park for the entire weeks trip would get old very fast. I agree the EP dining is the preferable choice but surely you can find one dining spot in MK, AK and DHS that would be acceptable? I agree with ppet that a DS dining choice would be a good alternative.

crawale

I think it is going to depend on the restaurant bookings. If Epcot has a lot of dining openings then they may let people go in the evening. With the Food and Wine booths it seems to me that Epcot will be underutilized regarding dining. Universal are allowing park hopping and again to see their customers leaving them to go to Universal may prompt them to change their minds. For Disney it is primarily about the dollar - certainly in recent years so don't give up yet. I've found you can almost always get a reservation at the last minute when people start to cancel to save the $10 no show charge.

Nottamus

Park hopping was great for us too..mainly for dining, or festivals as we are always there for F&W. Sometimes just to be in the mood for something offered at another park was a reason to grab a bus over.

Our next trip is April 2021, so who knows by then, but having to make my park pass reservations today made it feel like one park per day.

I mean, theres always Disney Springs for dinner, but me and everyone else will probably be doing the same thing!

Jon81uk

My guess is that the low park capacity will continue for 2020 and therefore no hopping due to the need for park reservations. If this is a deal breaker for you then maybe rebook for next year?

My sister and I had this conversation yesterday. We never do just one park a day...mainly for food! I am pretty sure we will push back to 2021, and hopefully the hopping will be back by then. If not, I need like a 2 hour 'pass' for food!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Well, we did our park day choices based upon what dining choices we wanted each night. So it looks like we are going to Epcot 3 times, HS twice, anf MK and AK once each.

I hope I can get my preferred dining choice now when the time comes... 😟

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom