Restaurant Tipping Policies

harryk

Original Poster
What is the protocol for tipping at 'Be Our Guest' lunch? The table is empty of everything when you depart and left unattended for another 'guest' to sit down. There is nothing on the table to place a tip under or on - if you want to leave a tip for some exceptional service.

Weather_Lady

Ditto - no tip needed.

If you want to help the servers out, just do your best to leave the table clean and tidy (e.g., do a quick wipe-down with a napkin to get rid of the crumbs, or if like my children more of the meal ends up on the floor than in their tummies, give the floor under their chairs a once-over, as well) so that the castmember don't have to spend much time cleaning it up for the next guest(s) -- or if it's so crowded that they can't get to the table before someone else sits down, the next person won't have stickiness or crumbs to contend with.

It's funny -- at home, I'm pretty blase about housekeeping, but when we're on vacation or at someone else's house, we leave everything very neat. I guess I just don't want people to know "how we really live." ;)

Rob562

Also, the CM's in the position of delivering your food when BoG is QS are classified as an hourly, non-tipped position. They wouldn't (officially) be able to accept a tip even if you offered them one.

-Rob

DManRightHere

I also find the fast food table service hybrid dining confusing (I'm not talking about just Disney). Places where you pay before you eat, but they have servers and bussers. To tip or not to tip? Is it worth a tip as all they really do for us is bring our food, refill our glass, and throw our stuff away, are they paid a real wage or a restaurant wage? I def do not want to be a non-tipper, but sometimes it is hard to tip when you already paid and have no cash!

BuddyThomas

Tipping is definitely not required or expected at this restaurant during the lunch service. The people who bring the food are not even classified as waiters. I'm someone who advocates for tipping waiters generously but this place at lunch is just a blinged out, glammed up quick service restaurant.

French Quarter

Do you all feel similarly about Wolfgang Puck Express? I felt badly there because I had no cash with me as I wasn't expecting to need any. Therefore, I couldn't tip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom