Original Poster
May family is going to WDW in May. Here are our planned restaurant choices:

Ohana
Biergarten
Whispering Canyon
Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
Mama Mia...we want to go to Fantasmic

This will be our 2nd visit to WDW

Can somebody give me the good, the bad and the ugly for these restaurants?

erasure fan1

May family is going to WDW in May. Here are our planned restaurant choices:

Ohana
Biergarten
Whispering Canyon
Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
Mama Mia...we want to go to Fantasmic

This will be our 2nd visit to WDW

Can somebody give me the good, the bad and the ugly for these restaurants?

All really good choices, especially Ohana, its by far one of my favorites. I did miss the Abba restaurant when I was making my ADRs last time. :lol: We would have loved that!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Love, love, love 'Ohana, Whispering Canyon, and Crystal Palace (though I've never been there for breakfast). Biergarten is pretty good, though I recommend lunch. The food is nearly identical and it's cheaper.

I really dislike Mama Melrose. Whoever runs that kitchen needs to put down the salt shaker. Everything I've ever gotten there, be it an appetizer or entree, has had way too much salt. I've had two bad meals there, so I don't think I'll go back again. If you want decent Italian, make a reservation for either Tutto Italia or Via Napoli in Epcot. Those are the only Italian restaurants on property worth a visit too.

beckyj3266

I agree, the Biergarten is a better deal at lunch - same food at a cheaper price! If you go during a very busy time of day, be prepared to share your table with another Disney loving family! The Crystal Palace is just as fabulous at breakfast as it is at lunch! I prefer 50's Prime Time over Mama Melrose. The atmosphere at 50's is fun-loving and you get to be a part of show, so to speak! I hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!

patrick9261

Original Poster
thanks for the info guys. the only reason we were picking the Mama Melrose was because of Fantasmic. What about the Hollywood Brown Derby or Hollywood and Vine.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I really like Hollywood and Vine! It's a pretty good buffet. I only go for dinner, though, because I have no interest in the Handy Manny characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom