Resorts thoughts.

dawnf

We are booked at Caribbean beach in April for a week and at riverside for a week. Just wondering if we should change it to riverside for the 2 weeks? How family oriented is riverside? We have stayed at Caribbean beach before and enjoyed the resort but not the quick and table service. Please give me some feedback so we can look into it more and decide.

jenluvswdw

I LOVED Riverside! It is very family oriented. I also stayed at the Caribbean, but found Riverside to be easier to get around. It is not as big as Caribbean. I liked Boatrights and the quick service better too. Also most people love to take the boat ride to Downtown. I vote for Riverside!

Upvote 0

Sharired

I've stayed at both and enjoyed both, but for different reasons. When we stayed at CBR, the resort was pretty empty and it was like we were in our own paradise. POR was really crowded, which bothered us a bit. However, we loved the royal room and agreed it had better food than CBR. I think both resorts are beautiful and I'd definitely say their both family oriented.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

I LOVED Riverside! It is very family oriented. I also stayed at the Caribbean, but found Riverside to be easier to get around. It is not as big as Caribbean. I liked Boatrights and the quick service better too. Also most people love to take the boat ride to Downtown. I vote for Riverside!

Agree completely although Riverside has some long walks of its own (I stayed in the last Parterre Place mansion my first trip there). Still, I love the scenery, the boat ride to Downtown Disney, and the quick service is great. Plus, if you feel like it, you can take a short walk to Port Orleans French Quarter for a switch. Also, Riverside has a lot of nice quiet pools as well as the main pool. Also, the remodeled rooms at Riverside look very nice (haven't been there since they switched over the decor).

Though I've never stayed at Coronado, it looks like the only hotel that is as nice as Riverside in the Moderate category.

Upvote 0

PUSH

POR is my favorite resort. I've stayed at CBR and the food court doesn't even compare to POR. CBR's food court if so slow, but POR has the best food court on property. I agree that POR is easier to get around, not as spread out. The entire resort is peaceful and you never hear too much noise anywhere on property. I have never eaten at Boatwrights, but have heard it's a pretty good place to eat. Don't get me wrong, I do like CBR, it's just not as nice, IMO, as POR. Ultimately it's up to you, but I love me some Riverside. :)

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Ahhhh yeah this is a no brainer. Change it to Riverside ASAP.
CBR is not even in the same league with PORS.

PORS was honestly one of our best stays we've had at WDW including the occasional Deluxe that we've been lucky enough to enjoy.
CBR was easily our worst felt run down and the walk..actually drive to EVERYTHING...Food court, exit, front desk, Pool..etc...gets old real quick.

As far as family friendly --- I've yet to stay at WDW resort that isn't ;) but for the record our kids were 9 and 13 when we stayed there and they loved it.

As far as convenience, food choices, atmosphere, gift shop, etc. etc...don't waste another minute of thought on it. PORS for your entire stay!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Wow,after reading Shookies review.We stayed at CBR on our first visit in 2004 and loved it( well it was our first WDW vacation ) but have been to PORS three times in a row.So PORS wins it for us.Love the grounds,the food court,the shop,the boats to DTown.Oh and the magic cookie bar.;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom