Resorts In The Magic Bubble..Safest In The World..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Well I never... Speaking to a friend who just came back from Orlando..This was their third visit, always staying on I- Drive. But here's the thing. They again witnessed a fracas in the streets..Every time they go, they see some sort of trouble. The last visits whilst staying at 4* hotels, also had their moments..Police had to be called as a fight broke out one night at the swimming pool.Then on another vacation, a woman grabbed another woman in the hotel restaurant, and started fighting.:eek:..They have a 10 year old kid and tho love Uni/IOA and WDW, they said their thinking of booking on site at Disney for their next vacation.He asked me how safe do we feel whilst walking around the resorts.?..Well I've never seen any kind of fracas on any resort at Disney...Or in the parks..Well apart from one mother telling her son to behave or it's time for home..So here's my question..Do you feel 100% safe in your magic bubble resort.?..Even whilst having a adult drink at night.I've never seen anyone who looked like they've had wayyyy too much..( Then again I've haven't met @figmentfan423 yet..Only joking ) ....What are your thoughts.?:inlove:...

Figgy1

Premium Member
I must be a lucky person, having never seen anything like that either on or off sight. ok I have only stayed in one off sight hotel and that was back in the 80s, but my last 3 trips were all off sight, but we stayed in a house or condo and spent very little time at either. I may have one or 2 while on vacation but never want to get too far gone as it would ruin my trip and I couldn't afford to do so, have you seen the price of drinks?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

s&k'smom

I have to admit I do feel very safe at WDW. We were at the GF a couple of weeks ago and I was able to send my 17 y.o. autistic son down to the pool on his own. He knows his way around as he has been there I think 4 times and he is an amazing swimmer. He is always very anxious to get to the pool and this year we were able to send him ahead of us. As we got ready to go and gathered up our "stuff" he would run down and swim and well hang with the pretty girl doing the poolside activities. Life guards were definitely on scene and very vigilant.

LuLaSue

I feel very safe while on property. Safer than if I was staying off property. I do not live with my head in the sand and understand something can happen anywhere. If something does happen I do feel confident that Disney Security will do its best to ensure our safety.

Omi19

Our daughter and her family live in one of the safer countries in Asia. Still, they had a serious, life-threatening home invasion. When she came to visit us and we of course went and stayed at WDW, she said she felt totally safe for the first time. Even more so than in our town, which has a very low crime rate.

75disney

I have always felt safe at Disney. As a teenager, my parents had no problem letting us go off on our own around the resort (we always found them for dinner though). Unfortunately in the world today bad things can happen anywhere, but I feel that Disney does a good job of keeping you safe. I have witnessed some unsavory things at other hotels in other places (like our most recent trip to a Doubletree in Williamsburg - never again), but never at Disney.

jw24

I've always felt safe on property. Then again, that's just me. I mean, I'm usually in bed, doors locked, window curtains covered and ready to snooze before 11 pm to midnight and that's usually for safety and personal reasons. It's true you'll never actually be 100% safe in WDW but that's true no matter where you go. I always say if something looks dangerous, it's most likely is!

SyracuseDisneyFan

I've never felt threatened at Disney. However, last year in the planning stages, my Dad was against me going to Downtown Disney by myself. It took some convincing from my Mom, but he eventually relented and let me do it. After all, I'm in my late twenties and I feel if I'm old enough to vote, then I'm old enough to go somewhere at Disney on my own. I'm responsible and carry my cell phone with me at all times.

awoogala

I have seen a few who have had way too much at f&w. Most were being taken care of by friends, some were just good natured, but sloppy, drunks. One was an .
I have seen teens with no supervision, causing basic teen mischief around the pools.
Other than that, we haven't experienced much at the resorts to ever feel unsafe.
I think it is one of the safer resort/tourist areas around.
I'm not naive. There are humans, which means human stupidity abounds, and things happen.
Like a guy leaving a loaded gun on a ride, housekeepers being raped, child abduction attempts, raging drunk guy beating cm. All of these have happened in the "bubble".
With the size of Disney, though, I think they have done very well with security- enough that I feel pretty safe there.

SagamoreBeach

Absolutely safe at WDW. Just one odd thing happened at EPCOT two years ago...I was approaching the Men's Room when I young woman asked if I would take her maybe three year old son into the bathroom. I politely said NO, I don't think that is a very good idea, and suggested SHE just take him into the ladie's room. That just didn't sit right with me. Sounds like a topic for another thread!
-Tony

luv

I live outside the bubble and feel fine.

People fight in Disney, too. I'll skip elaboration, but I've seen fights in the bubble. There have been several pedophile-type crimes in the bubble, too.

If seeing people fight makes you feel unsafe, you probable shouldn't stay in the bubble, either.

jw24

And I felt safe in school. Now I do not.

Everyone is different so my feelings about safety in the bubble differ from yours. Yes, it is disturbing to hear all about the recent events than have occurred at LAX, malls and schools but we can't live life in fear. Letting negative events dictate and overwhelm our daily lives hold us back and we go nowhere. Things happen and we can't control it. It's a scary thought of being completely powerless and vulnerable but tragic events don't happen very often and we need revert back to our normal lifestyle as the first step of moving onward in our lives and that step is probably the most difficult one to take. From there, we can take steps forwards to make our lives better. I'm no psychologist or psychological expert by any means but that's my two cents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom