Resort Touring Ideas?

benice

Original Poster
My wife and I are headed to Disney World in about a month and will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. On our first day, we have no parks planned but are going to the Polynesian that morning for breakfast.

I was thinking it would be cool to walk around and tour some of the different resorts before visiting the theme parks on the following days. Which ones do you all think would be the coolest to visit? I have been itching to see the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian.. but some of the others look neat too.

benice

Original Poster
I was definitely thinking of checking out the Beach Club area. I heard Beaches and Cream is worth stopping at for some good ice cream.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Surrey bikes at BC area are fun and so are bikes at WL and POR. I love resort touring, sometimes more than going to the parks. Love going hidden mickey hunting. WL and AKL are great for that. Listening to the pianist at GF is also a fave of our family. Have fun!

nickys

Premium Member
Take the monorail, or walk, to GF and catch the band and pianist. Then hop back on the monorail around to the Contemporary, and take my favourite boat trip of all, round Bay Lake to WL. Lots to explore there, then you could walk or hop back on the boat to FW. Have a look at the horses and the museum there. Try kayaking or archery if you want!

AKL is definitely worth a look if you have time. Designed by the same person as WL, and you could easily spend the afternoon or evening there.

LUVofDIS

If you want the best ice cream than head on over to Boardwalk and make a visit to Ample Hills Creamery. It is amazing.

We like to resort tour when we visit during the Christmas season. We start with the monorail resorts and than pick a couple others each year.

HollyAD

Going to chime in and say Animal Kingdom Lodge too! Love the atmosphere and the animals. I can spend hours on the property. I love the lounge right off of the lobby. They have a great South African wine called Pinotage and some small apps you can order if you don't want a meal. Sanaa is good but you can always just go get some zebra domes from The Mara which is their quick service area.

DisDadWoz

If you are going to Poly for breakfast I would walk from there along the water over to Grand Floridian. After that hop on monorail over to the Contemporary resort then when you have toured there jump on the boat over to Wilderness Lodge. Depending on how you "tour" it's a great relaxing way to spend a day while not at the parks. Plenty of food, snacks and drinks to partake in at each resort.

Demeter Tess

Resort loops are our favorite thing to do at Disney! Here are a few of our favourite routes:

• MK Loop (start at Polynesian, walk to Grand Floridian, monorail to Contemporary, boat to Wilderness Lodge and/or Fort Wilderness)

• Epcot Loop (start at Boardwalk, walk to Beach Club, walk to Yacht Club, walk to Swan & Dolphin, walk to Hollywood Studios)

• Sassagoula Loop (start at Riverside, walk to French Quarter, boat to Old Key West, boat to Saratoga Springs, walk to Disney Springs)

AK Lodge is very much worth seeing, but we try to build that into our AK day. Coronado Springs is also a very pleasant walk in itself, as it is situated around a lake.

- Lauren

CTC

Had to chime in here...skip Beaches and Cream and head to Ample Hills Creamery on the Boardwalk for some great ice cream. ALSO..if Coney Island Chris is performing on the Boardwalk, stick around for him. He is so uncomfortably weird and funny at the same time. One of the best.

Driver

I won't tell you to " skip" any, I have been to all of them and they all have different things to enjoy and discover. Much of what has been said is good information however tainted by personal preference. What some guest do is play "bus roulette", get on a random bus to a resort. After checking it out, repeat the process. ( yes you have to return to a park for another bus) you will not be able to visit every resort in one day unless you only want to spend a few minutes at each. It took me months to explore all of them throughly. I suggest starting at some that sound appealing to you and when you run out of time or interest then you can finish your quest on the next visit!!! Enjoy, we are here waiting 😊

If you have dinner at AKL, don't leave when it gets dark. Instead go to the observation points - beyond the pool at Jambo or through the lobby at Kidani - and talk to the guides about night vision goggles. An amazing experience.

If you get off the boat at Saratoga Springs (SSR), walk around the pool at the Springs and rent bikes. Paths will take you around SSR and back up the river to Old Key West. If you are scouting to take kids on a future trip, look at the Paddock pool at SSR.

Skibum1970

Resort loops are our favorite thing to do at Disney! Here are a few of our favourite routes:

• MK Loop (start at Polynesian, walk to Grand Floridian, monorail to Contemporary, boat to Wilderness Lodge and/or Fort Wilderness)

• Epcot Loop (start at Boardwalk, walk to Beach Club, walk to Yacht Club, walk to Swan & Dolphin, walk to Hollywood Studios)

• Sassagoula Loop (start at Riverside, walk to French Quarter, boat to Old Key West, boat to Saratoga Springs, walk to Disney Springs)

AK Lodge is very much worth seeing, but we try to build that into our AK day. Coronado Springs is also a very pleasant walk in itself, as it is situated around a lake.

- Lauren

This is exactly what we do. We love touring the Monorail resorts and can spend a whole day doing those along with the Wilderness Lodge. Then, we hit the EPCOT resorts while we're visiting EPCOT with a quick sideline. We also tour Coronado with a walk along the walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom