Resort to resort boats?

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Now that the HDD is coming back to Fort Wilderness; has anyone heard if the boats from resort to resort will start running again? TIA :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I didn't even know this wasn't happening until staying at BLT on Sunday. Huge disappointment. I'm sure it's a cost saving measure

Sbk1234

I only resort hopped a little on my last vacation. I took a boat from Polynesian to Grand Floridian. It also stopped at the dock in front of Magic Kingdom, where a launch was available to Wilderness Lodge. I also took a boat from Port Orleans Riverside to Disney Springs, and back, but that's not between two resorts, so I don't know if that's what the op has in mind. Other than that, I don't know.

nickys

Premium Member
I only resort hopped a little on my last vacation. I took a boat from Polynesian to Grand Floridian. It also stopped at the dock in front of Magic Kingdom, where a launch was available to Wilderness Lodge. I also took a boat from Port Orleans Riverside to Disney Springs, and back, but that's not between two resorts, so I don't know if that's what the op has in mind. Other than that, I don't know.
The OP was asking about the boats that circled Bay Lake, between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

castlecake2.0

If you’re staying at these resorts use the QR code found on the resort info channel to send your disappointment directly to the resort duty manager or stop by front desk to speak to a leader. They need to know guests miss this amenity.

MaryJaneP

Does it make sense. and can you effectively, two step this by taking a boat to MK from Resort A and then taking a different boat from MK to Resort B? Not saying that guests paying the freight should have to do this, and that WDW should return this immediately, if not sooner, but it seems that WDW doesn't give a damn.

Raxel7851

Does it make sense. and can you effectively, two step this by taking a boat to MK from Resort A and then taking a different boat from MK to Resort B? Not saying that guests paying the freight should have to do this, and that WDW should return this immediately, if not sooner, but it seems that WDW doesn't give a damn.
That would definitely work @MaryJaneP ! You get 2 boat rides out of it. We kind of did that in May when we wanted to have lunch at Roaring Forks and caught the boat at the MK to WL. We’re all hoping they get going soon with the resort-resort boats soon.

harryk

BINGO. If it does not directly generate revenue, then of course Bean Counter Chapek could not give a damn.
That is most likely why they extended his contract for another 3 years. Most likely he will get rid of all the boats. Was he not one of those in the background to cancel the Magical Express. Where is the airport check in at the resorts? Are they coming back?

Ayla

That is most likely why they extended his contract for another 3 years. Most likely he will get rid of all the boats. Was he not one of those in the background to cancel the Magical Express. Where is the airport check in at the resorts? Are they coming back?
That was done by a third party contractor, Bags, Inc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom