Resort stores question

Maerj

I was wondering if there are 'general stores' at the All-Star resorts?

Since when you take carry on luggage on flights you can't take razors and that sort of thing with you anymore. It would be nice if you could just buy what you need there during your stay. So, are there places there 'on property' where you can purchase such necessities? Thanks in advance. :)

RandeB

At a price

The shops sell such items, but of course they hike the prices over what you'd pay at a grocery stop to make Mr. Eisner a tad more profit.

Upvote 0

Jessie Johnson

I don't know if it is the same with internal flights but from the UK you can take razors etc as long as they are packed in your suitcase not hand luggage. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Katherine

I'm pretty sure you can buy general stuff(or you might be able to get it from room service) at theresort stores. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

Having stayed at the all stars, they do have those type items in limited variety and at well above normal prices. If you are renting a car, it may be better to go to a supermarket off property to get what you want.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Every resort has a gift shop that carries these items.

To make life easier, you can just pack all of that stuff in your suitcase. You just can't bring them in your CARRY-ON.

Much cheaper that way, plus, you get to use all your favorite items instead of the generic ones the gift shop sells.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

mstarfishee

I'm guessing that you're traveling with strictly carry-on luggage in which case you are correct in that you cannot take razors in your carry-on. If you are renting a car and plan to stop somewhere for razors, don't expect any great deals. We did that 2 years ago and unless you get outside of the Orlando/LBV tourist area, you won't save but a penny or two more that what you'd pay at the resort gift shop. Make life easy on yourself, buy it in the gift shop, for what you'll save elsewhere (if anything), it's not worth it. Good luck, and enjoy!:wave:

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
Yes, you are correct, I am planning on only taking carry on bags only. Its quicker and easier and I don't take that much stuff.

Buuuuut, this will be the first trip that I take my girlfriend on and she wants to shave her legs and as she says "I don't want to be kissing Sasquatch!" Hrumph! So, that is why razors and such are now an issue.

I am just hoping that she finds WDW as magical as I do. I have been going once a year for the last four year (yep, this is trip no. 4) and I sort of go on about it all the time. I may be driving her crazy with it, so I want her to experience it for herself. I just hope that everything goes well.

Thanks for the info everyone. If we can just get the stuff there, that will be fine. I expect the prices to be a lil bit high, so thats okay.

Upvote 0

PurpleFigment

I've traveled by air probably 50 times since 9/11 (work sends me all over the place). I NEVER check luggage, carry-on is the only way I go. Each and every time I have taken a cheap disposable razor with me (and often times a pair of small scissors), in my carry-on items. I normally pack it inside a makeup bag and place it in the middle of my suitcase...burried between the clothes. Each and everytime it shows up on the security check and each and every time I've been told it's fine to take. I'm flying major airlines (Continental, Delta, etc.) and flying out of major airports (Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Salt Lake City, Orlando, etc.). Everyone I've flown with and all my collegues have done the same thing and not one of us has ever had a problem taking it on. So, you should be able to bring one from home. If they tell you you can't take it (I'd be totally shocked if they told you you can't), just pitch it in the trash and deal with it when you get there.

Upvote 0

pooh071567

Originally posted by PurpleFigment
I've traveled by air probably 50 times since 9/11 (work sends me all over the place). I NEVER check luggage, carry-on is the only way I go. Each and every time I have taken a cheap disposable razor with me (and often times a pair of small scissors), in my carry-on items. I normally pack it inside a makeup bag and place it in the middle of my suitcase...burried between the clothes. Each and everytime it shows up on the security check and each and every time I've been told it's fine to take. I'm flying major airlines (Continental, Delta, etc.) and flying out of major airports (Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Salt Lake City, Orlando, etc.). Everyone I've flown with and all my collegues have done the same thing and not one of us has ever had a problem taking it on. So, you should be able to bring one from home. If they tell you you can't take it (I'd be totally shocked if they told you you can't), just pitch it in the trash and deal with it when you get there.

Ditto! I also travel with a disposable razor and have never been told I couldn't carry it with me. It's worth a shot, anyway.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

You can get all of those types of things at the resort gift shops, however, they are mini sized, like a mini sized shaving cream, and a mini sized shampoo (even mini sized condoms and mini sized alcoholic beverages), but the prices are close to full price.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

I have in the past mailed a box to myself at the resort Priority Mail (not really that expensive) of things I didn't want to worry about opening in my carryon (I never check luggage) or, uh, didn't want to worry about getting past security for a number of reasons.... (I also put all undergarments in clear ziploc bags so the security people don't touch my things, but I'm a bit paranoid after seeing them lay out a woman's belongings on the table in full view of other passengers.... :lookaroun

Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

ReDefined

And don't forget the Amabasol. It may just be me and my wife, but whenever we go to Disney, we always get cankers. I guess it is from all the chocolate and sweets.

Bring your medicine with you because you may not find it in the resort shop...

Mmmmm, Disney chocolate...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom