Resort Room Preference ..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning All...I notice that some of us who are maybe going to a new resort for the first time,ask advice for recommendations for best locations of the rooms...Now I understand some people may have a walking disability and want to be near the food court,or maybe some people don't like climbing stairs and prefer a bottom floor..Do you make a room preference when booking your resort,or like me,wait until you get there.( I like the excitement of not knowing )..Now by room reference I don't mean an upgrade to a Royal room at PORS or a Pirates room at CBR...I'am just curious on room locations at your resort..:inlove:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good Morning All...I notice that some of us who are maybe going to a new resort for the first time,ask advice for recommendations for best locations of the rooms...Now I understand some people may have a walking disability and want to be near the food court,or maybe some people don't like climbing stairs and prefer a bottom floor..Do you make a room preference when booking your resort,or like me,wait until you get there.( I like the excitement of not knowing )..Now by room reference I don't mean an upgrade to a Royal room at PORS or a Pirates room at CBR...I'am just curious on room locations at your resort..:inlove:
Yes Mr H .When we stay at CSR we always request to stay in the Rancho's section :inlove: .In fact we loved our room so much this trip we might be cheeky(if wego back to csr) and ask for a specific room even though we know its unlikely.
Looking @ PORS we are thinking of either a waterview room or a royal room :bookworm: don't like the idea of overlooking a carpark :depressed: kind of ruins the bubble :grumpy:

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
We really liked Cabanas 8A at CSR last year and much like Mr Ferret we decided to go back again this year to the same resort and made the same building request. This is the first time we have felt so enchanted by a resort that we have decided to go back a second time and that includes mods and deluxes we have stayed at.
We faxed the resort a week before we went and asked politely for and got the Rancheros.Don't know if it helped but it can't hurt to send one :D

sgtmgd

Yes we do..The Boardwalk is our favorite resort..but I only want a waterfront view of the lagoon AND Balcony..nothing makes me happier than sitting out on the Balcony for a few minutes after getting back from the parks and soak up the beautiful view..or wake up and sit on the balcony before a long day at the parks and enjoy the early morning radiance..

We are staying in a 2 beadroom villa in Kidani Village in a couple weeks..our first time at ALK..have a savannah view and of course balcony..looking forward to seeing the animals..

jkl2000

Do you make a room preference when booking your resort,or like me,wait until you get there.( I like the excitement of not knowing )...

Do you mean you like to just wait and see what they've given you, and you're usually happy with it?

I'm usually the same way with hotels - I'm usually happy with what I get. But for an 8-night stint at POFQ (we are booked for a Garden view room) I'm going to ask for a corner room, that's about it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We used to always get a preferred rooms so we could be closer to bus stops and main buildings and then one year we decided to save a little money and just book the cheapest possible room as we don't really care about the view. When we checked in we were given a room right next to the preferred area it was in a great location. So we have done this strategy 4 other times and each time we end up with a fantasitc location. Now we figure we will just be surprised with what we get and if it super terrible we can always ask to switch.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
At BLT for this Sept. our only request is for a room way up high. Don't care about theme park view and standard view are lower floors, so for us the higher the better because it is a tower.
At the Peabody last spring we requested way up high and got the 29th floor. What a view.
Have you not seen towering inferno ? ;)

jw24

I think that solely depends on the resort I'm staying in. I mean, for the values, there are some trade offs you need to be willing to accept. Generally speaking, being closer to the buses does mean the area around your room could more noisy at times and the same holds true for the converse of being in a more distant, quiet room means you have to walk longer to the buses. Personally, I don't mind which room I stay in as long as it's not completely unbearable in all aspects. But there are some places where distance isn't too much of an issue like at Yacht or Beach Club so for those, I'm more inclined to not make rquests with those. On the other hand, the moderates are very spread out so if I were to stay there, I'd be more inclined to a make a room request for logistic purposes. So in short:

Values: Not really.
Moderates: Definitely yes.
Deluxes: Leans towards no.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Do you mean you like to just wait and see what they've given you, and you're usually happy with it?

I'm usually the same way with hotels - I'm usually happy with what I get. But for an 8-night stint at POFQ (we are booked for a Garden view room) I'm going to ask for a corner room, that's about it.
Well to be honest,the time we spend in our room is minimal...Because we have booked package holidays from the UK.We go with the flow..Yet to have a room I didn't like..Last year at magnolia in PORS our room was bottom floor and side garden view..Only time I looked out the window was first thing in the morning

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Our only preference, no matter where we stay, is a top floor. We like being up higher. Now I did hear other things, like at PORS, the Royal Rooms can be dark so go for a corner room so you can get more natural light. But that is resort specific. :)

JIMINYCR

I hate having to wait for the elevators and climbing those stairs at the end of a full day of walking in the parks adds to the torture to the knees. So I request a first floor room, Garden view. Corner rooms also tend to have a bit more space. Only once did I have a noisy neighbor above me making a racket with music and stomping around. And as far as distance to the food court, bus stop ... that doesnt matter to me, I'm up early to eat then grab the bus and a slight walk in the morning gets me prepared for whats to come. ;)

coachwnh

We have made requests in the past, but over the past two years we haven't as often, and have received several upgrades! So from now on, I'm not making any requests! (Unless my wife wants to. She's our planner) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom