Resort Restaurant Recommendations

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hey all! I'm looking for recommendations for resort restaurants. One of the nights that I will be in WDW, we'd prefer not to use a ticket just for a dinner. My party will consist of my myself, my mother and a 9 yo. Now that I think about it, we've always stuck to dining inside the parks, so I am a novice here. Thank you!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
My first suggestion would be Sanaa if you're the least bit adventurous always good food and it's like riding the Safari(animal views) without the bumps
Whispering Canyon Café western BBQ and fun
With adults and a kiddo those would be fun, not fussy and a great bang for your buck if paying out of pocket
T Rex in Disney Springs if fun but the food is meh IMHO
Morrimoto is excellent but a bit pricey

Minnie1986

Original Poster
My first suggestion would be Sanaa if you're the least bit adventurous always good food and it's like riding the Safari(animal views) without the bumps
Whispering Canyon Café western BBQ and fun
With adults and a kiddo those would be fun, not fussy and a great bang for your buck if paying out of pocket
T Rex in Disney Springs if fun but the food is meh IMHO
Morrimoto is excellent but a bit pricey
Pretty sure I just started drooling while looking at the Morimoto menu! Thankfully, we have the dining plan, so that should make things easier.

danyoung56

My go to of the resort restaurants is always the amazing California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. That is, if your 9 year old is well behaved!

belledream

I just commented on your other thread, but if you’re looking to spend extended time at resort, Boma is a delicious buffet and you could have a great time at AKL looking at the animals and all the artifacts in the lobby. Best buffet IMO. Sanaa is also a good option!

Kona Cafe is another favorite and at Polynesian, you’ll be on the monorail line for endless entertainment at all the MK resorts. The food there is so good and the menu has expanded recently - lots of options for your DDP. :)

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I just commented on your other thread, but if you’re looking to spend extended time at resort, Boma is a delicious buffet and you could have a great time at AKL looking at the animals and all the artifacts in the lobby. Best buffet IMO. Sanaa is also a good option!

Kona Cafe is another favorite and at Polynesian, you’ll be on the monorail line for endless entertainment at all the MK resorts. The food there is so good and the menu has expanded recently - lots of options for your DDP. :)
Thanks! Out of the three, which would you choose?

Dave B

Ohana at Poly is amazing
Cali Grill at Contemporary is a great experience---maybe to formal for your 9 year old
Cape May Café /Buffet and Character at Beach Club, great breakfast and seafood buffet for dinner
1900 Park Fare buffet/character at Grand Floridian is so much fun, the character experience is great
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness is a lot of fun and food is good
Artiste Point which is a character dinner with NO buffet at Wilderness

NiarrNDisney

He’s thankfully not a picky eater. I think the only thing he would veto is fish.

Well some great places you might want to consider especially with a young one in tow whether due to the atmosphere or the options for kids:

Artist Point (WL)
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop (BCR) Though it may be closed for refurb during your trip
Fountain (Dolphin) I personally like it more than Beaches and Cream
Grand Floridian Cafe (GFR)
Kona Cafe (Poly)
Olivia's (OKW)
Sanaa (AKL-KV) For lunch or early dinner so he can see the animals on the Savannah
Trail's End (FW)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)
Whispering Canyon (WL)

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Well some great places you might want to consider especially with a young one in tow whether due to the atmosphere or the options for kids:

Artist Point (WL)
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop (BCR) Though it may be closed for refurb during your trip
Fountain (Dolphin) I personally like it more than Beaches and Cream
Grand Floridian Cafe (GFR)
Kona Cafe (Poly)
Olivia's (OKW)
Sanaa (AKL-KV) For lunch or early dinner so he can see the animals on the Savannah
Trail's End (FW)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)
Whispering Canyon (WL)
Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom