RESORT REPORTER - Your Disneyland Proproganda Newspaper

Old Mouseketeer

I got this in the Sunday Register but haven’t read it yet. It looked very cheesy at first glance.

Cheesy as Limburger! From a corporate communications standpoint this is a hot mess. It's a hodgepodge of different messages with no clear intent. It looks like it was designed by a committee (like an elephant). I was hoping that in 2019 we could hope for not only a more productive working relationship between Disney and the Anaheim City Council, but with more of the Anaheim community.

There are many things that are worthy for Disney to highlight and, yes, brag about. There are multiple points on the xmas tree graphic that I very much respect, from CHOC, to wish granting, to Toys For Tots, to employee volunteerism and fundraising. But it's a bloated expansion of bullet points into a ponderous rendering.

The whole "newspaper" is a kitchen sink of messaging. There's a lot of cut and paste from all kinds of sources. I was talking to a CM I know who recognized several pieces out of the Disneyland Line (weekly newsletter for employees). The "news item" about the new contract for Security personnel was way too long. It's like Disney was trying to beat into reader's heads how good and benevolent they are.

As someone who has worked in PR and Marketing, I'm offended by the rank amateurism this represents. It is absolutely NOT representative of good corporate PR in the 21st century. YMMV.

Old Mouseketeer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom