Resort Prints?

abdrury

Original Poster
Hey folks,
I'd like to start purchasing a different print for each family trip to WDW. We'll always stay on-site and I thought it would be neat to get a print of the resort we stay at and keep in our home for memories.

Any tips on where to find?? I've searched a bit but nothing is easily found.

AndyS2992

I don’t know about prints but I do collect pins from each resort we stay at. Your best bet is the resort gift shop or the art store at Disney Springs.

Nemo14

Larry Dotson has done quite a few and is often showcased at Art of Disney in DS. He's very talented, and a nice guy too. A few years ago we had bought prints from him for our son and our daughter. He had personally signed each, but when I went to wrap them up for Christmas, I realized he had signed both to my daughter. I contacted him and he apologized and sent me a replacement immediately.

I found this info on his website:
- SHOP DISNEY PARKS APP - Disney has launched a new app that makes it easy for you to purchase park and resort merchandise from your smartphone. Once downloaded, search "Dotson" from the main page and all available images will be displayed. You are able to purchase direct from the app, or find the location on property that a particular image is available. The app is available in iTunes and Google play.

sgtbtlbailey

David Doss does the watercolor type prints of the parks, resorts, beach, and even Disney Cruiseline. I have 4 of his prints at home. The resort prints are typically smaller - I want to say 5x7's, but they're sold in the Art of Disney stores and sometimes even at the resorts. I know for a fact I've seen the Boardwalk Resort print at the gift shop on the Boardwalk. Good luck!

9256ea63f10b6de299b1881b7b4c9d96.jpg

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Hey folks,
I'd like to start purchasing a different print for each family trip to WDW. We'll always stay on-site and I thought it would be neat to get a print of the resort we stay at and keep in our home for memories.

I know that at least at the Moderates and Deluxe resorts the gift shop will have Dotson prints. I don't know about Values, only because I haven't personally seen any while browsing, but I would suspect he has done the Values too.

I have both AKL - Jambo and Kadani (both of which are my HOME) prints proudly hanging in my house I have to live in while not at Home;)

Nemo14

David Doss does the watercolor type prints of the parks, resorts, beach, and even Disney Cruiseline. I have 4 of his prints at home. The resort prints are typically smaller - I want to say 5x7's, but they're sold in the Art of Disney stores and sometimes even at the resorts. I know for a fact I've seen the Boardwalk Resort print at the gift shop on the Boardwalk. Good luck!

9256ea63f10b6de299b1881b7b4c9d96.jpg

I like his prints too - couldn't remember his name though.

Minnie Mum

I've no idea of the artists names, but I've seen resort prints at evert mod and deluxe resort gift shop we've stayed at. Not just the small ones.

Alice a

I really like tracking down the art and furnishings in the rooms of some of the deluxes, esp the 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff.

We have curtains and room art from the boardwalk, lamps from the contemporary, a chair from the yacht club, and pillows from the swan. All used and sold when they redid the rooms.

EBay has made this easy and fun, and my house has subtle touches of WDW without being over the top.

HwdStudio

Hey folks,

I think you will find what you are looking for in the resort gift shops.

note2001

I really like tracking down the art and furnishings in the rooms of some of the deluxes, esp the 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff.

We have curtains and room art from the boardwalk, lamps from the contemporary, a chair from the yacht club, and pillows from the swan. All used and sold when they redid the rooms.

EBay has made this easy and fun, and my house has subtle touches of WDW without being over the top.

I bought one of the prints that was hung over the sofa in the BWV Studios after the units were renovated. Loved the pic so much I forgot to check the specs. It comes up to my neck. LOL. Giant honker of a pic is now sitting on the landing of my house where the stairs take a turn - All my walls are full as it is - not sure where I had planned on putting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom