Resort Pools and Magic Bands

afb28

Original Poster
Being local to Orlando for pretty much my whole life, I've only ever stayed on property once and that was at Coronado a couple of years ago. Love that pool but was wondering as I went to Yachtsman recently and saw that they scan MagicBands to make sure you are a guest at that resort.

I remember when I was at Coronado they said you could go to any resort's pool if you wanted, just take your resort pass with you.

So with MagicBands, is that now gone?

epcotisbest

Being local to Orlando for pretty much my whole life, I've only ever stayed on property once and that was at Coronado a couple of years ago. Love that pool but was wondering as I went to Yachtsman recently and saw that they scan MagicBands to make sure you are a guest at that resort.

I remember when I was at Coronado they said you could go to any resort's pool if you wanted, just take your resort pass with you.

So with MagicBands, is that now gone?
Don't know who told you that, but they were wrong. And they do check to see if you are staying at Y&B before you can enter Stormalong Bay.

epcotisbest

Most resorts have a sign like this. See bullet point two.

image.jpg

doctornick

Pool hopping is not allowed -- resort guests can only use the pool at the resort they are staying at. DVC members staying on points have the perk of being allowed to pool hop to other resorts, but certain pools are excluded and Stormalong Bay is one of the ones never allowing pool hopping for DVC. The only way to use that pool is to stay at the Yacht Club or Beach Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom