Resort Pins

JS514

Original Poster
So, I'm completely brand new to pin trading (well...collecting more so in my case). In fact, I haven't even started. I don't have one pin or a lanyard...nothing. I have a trip coming up soon. I have decided that ,at least to start out, I want to basically collect them as memoirs. Every trip buy one that holds a certain memory from that trip...so I want to get one from each resort we stay at as well. I'm going to backtrack a little bit and try to find ones for our honeymoon last year and the resort we stayed at, etc.

And, as I said, I haven't the slightest clue about these pins. Do they have them for all resorts? Do you get them at the resort? Do you just have to luckily find one somewhere? Are there "pin stores", or just cast members with pins?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!

rob0519

I'm sure there are pin collectors here that can provide better answers than I can, but I believe all the resorts do have pins. I have several, GF, CR, Polynesian. If the resort gift shop does not have a pin you want, there are large pin stores in Epcot, MK and Disney Springs for sure.

sheriffwoody

You should be able to get the resort pins at the resort gift shops. That's where I've gotten mine. I think I've seen some of them in other locations, but I can't say for sure. Most of the stores will have some pins, and there are some places that are just dedicated pin stores. Cast members with pins are trading, not selling.

I just started trading on my last trip with my little sis. It was fun!

Gelatoni

As they said resort gift shops should have them. I do the same thing i get a year pin and a resort one. Pop just updated their pin i was so excited over such a little thing.

Mrhappyplace

My wife and I started buying pins with the same plan on our second trip together and like you we sought to get a resort pin for our first trip. We ended up buying that particular pin on eBay. Resort pins are usually easy to locate in shops at that resort and are much harder to find outside of that resort. You may be able to find a resort pin or two at a park close to that resort or in a neighboring resort. The pin store at Disney Springs has a good amount of Resort pins but we were unable to locate a pin for the resort we were staying at recently and again had to resort to ebay to find one. We suspected this was because the resort was under construction that includes the closing of the main store there and speculated that new pins for that resort might not show up on property or online until construction is complete.

Most stores that sell general merchandise sell some pins, the larger the store the more pins they will have likely have available.

Gelatoni

Have you tried the disney shop app? If has everything the parks sale and where you can find them if available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom