Resort Parking

G00fyDad

Original Poster
How do they charge for this? Is it at the end of your stay? Do they give you some sort of paper/card to put in your dash so that security knows you have paid? How does this work? We are going to have a rental car with us from the airport and I want to be prepared for charges.

Raxel7851

You don’t get a card to put in your car. When you check in at the security gate to your resort, the security guard will get your name and check that you have a reservation. We have had mixed experiences with the parking. Sometimes we get charged, other times we haven’t on our final bill. If you leave your resort, your magic band will open the security gate when you return.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Thank you. I just wasn't sure if it was like other hotels where they charge your card when you check out.

Raxel7851

Well like I posted earlier, most times I was charged for parking, but there were times when I wasn’t. So I would say to be safe, expect to be charged.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Well like I posted earlier, most times I was charged for parking, but there were times when I wasn’t. So I would say to be safe, expect to be charged.
Yeah. I'm not expecting to not be charged. I'm fully expecting to have to pay the money for the parking. I was just curious if I did it when we checked in or checked out or how it worked.

Raxel7851

If you get charged it will definitely be on your bill when you check out. I wonder if you could go to the front desk and get a list of resort charges for the first day you’re there. Then you’d have an idea if you were charged for parking. Maybe someone on the forum would know that. There’s quite a few knowledgeable people here.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Since they started charging for resort parking has there been a noticeable reduction in vehicles in the parking lots at the resorts? I remember on our last trip we had to park really far out in order to get a spot at night when we got back to the resort.

Raxel7851

Since they started charging for resort parking has there been a noticeable reduction in vehicles in the parking lots at the resorts? I remember on our last trip we had to park really far out in order to get a spot at night when we got back to the resort.
I think a lot depends on the resort. The ones like POFQ that are spread out over a larger area seem to have more parking spaces available. When we stayed at GF a and Contemporary, there seemed to be fewer spots. At GF, we were on the furthest row away from the resort.

JIMINYCR

We’ve parked both at POFQ and Contemp and I didn’t notice a reduction in cars. People are aware of the fees now and it’s been in affect long enough that for most guests they begrudgingly have built it into their resort budget. TA’s are also making clients aware of the parking policy expense when they book trips.

nickys

Premium Member
If you get charged it will definitely be on your bill when you check out. I wonder if you could go to the front desk and get a list of resort charges for the first day you’re there. Then you’d have an idea if you were charged for parking. Maybe someone on the forum would know that. There’s quite a few knowledgeable people here.
Yes you can get a print out of everything charged to your room at any time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom