Resort only trip, Yacht Club CL or Wilderness Lodge CL?

Nala06

Original Poster
We are going down for 3 nights early September to hit a MNSSHP. We won't be doing any other parks, wanting to spend some time relaxing at the resort. I currently have an AP discount on YC garden view non CL for a great price. YC CL standard view is open for my dates as well for not much more. But another option would be to book a standard room at WL and add CL at check in if its available, which would be cheaper than booking YC CL outright. We have never done CL before, but its always intrigued us. We also usually stay at the Poly, so I don't know if we would miss the MK area vibe by staying at YC. I feel like there are too many good choices! Any help would be appreciated.

durangojim

Having stayed CL at YC a couple of times I can say it’s very nice. I prefer the rooms of YC over the darker smaller rooms at WL. WL is extremely peaceful to me because it feels away from the rest of Disney. If I’m planning on eating and drinking much I’d go with YC because I prefer the restaurants and you have access to the Boardwalk. You can also watch the fireworks easily from that area too. I will say that no matter which CL you use it’s not that impressive. The food is fine and you get free drinks but that’s about it.

Vatore13

I have been going to WDW since I’m a child so been there roughly 40 times or so. I’ve stayed on always stayed on property and over past few years at the grand Floridian. I was sick most of the time and I when I started to feel sick I took my prescription glasses off and left them on the second bed in the room. I had just purchased roughly a month before. I went to the desk reported them missing and went through all of the Proper steps. I was told while I was there that they were going to reimburse me if they could not be found. Now I’m getting a different story. That if housekeeping was in my room and stole them that it’s not the resorts problem because “We don’t hire them to be thieves”. I just spent close to $2k on these glasses and As a person who spends close to 6k for one person every year to stay on Disney property so things like this DONT happen.

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE DO NOT BRING TO THIS HOTEL IT WILL BE STOLEN, THEYLL YES YOU TO DEATH SO YOU DONT MAKE A SCENE WHILE YOURE THERE AND THEN TELL YOU YOURE SOL

eliza61nyc

I have been going to WDW since I’m a child so been there roughly 40 times or so. I’ve stayed on always stayed on property and over past few years at the grand Floridian. I was sick most of the time and I when I started to feel sick I took my prescription glasses off and left them on the second bed in the room. I had just purchased roughly a month before. I went to the desk reported them missing and went through all of the Proper steps. I was told while I was there that they were going to reimburse me if they could not be found. Now I’m getting a different story. That if housekeeping was in my room and stole them that it’s not the resorts problem because “We don’t hire them to be thieves”. I just spent close to $2k on these glasses and As a person who spends close to 6k for one person every year to stay on Disney property so things like this DONT happen.

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE DO NOT BRING TO THIS HOTEL IT WILL BE STOLEN, THEYLL YES YOU TO DEATH SO YOU DONT MAKE A SCENE WHILE YOURE THERE AND THEN TELL YOU YOURE SOL
?????

epcotisbest

YC is a great place to spend some quality resort time. We love SAB and just resort hopping the whole YC, BC, BW and S&D area.
We do like resort time at WL as well, so you won't go wrong either way.

Nala06

Original Poster
Having stayed CL at YC a couple of times I can say it’s very nice. I prefer the rooms of YC over the darker smaller rooms at WL. WL is extremely peaceful to me because it feels away from the rest of Disney. If I’m planning on eating and drinking much I’d go with YC because I prefer the restaurants and you have access to the Boardwalk. You can also watch the fireworks easily from that area too. I will say that no matter which CL you use it’s not that impressive. The food is fine and you get free drinks but that’s about it.
Ok back to the topic, op I go for Yacht club. Just for the available of things to do on the Boardwalk
YC is a great place to spend some quality resort time. We love SAB and just resort hopping the whole YC, BC, BW and S&D area.
We do like resort time at WL as well, so you won't go wrong either way.
I think I will try YC since we haven't stayed at the Epcot resort side yet. A long weekend is a good chance to give it a shot.

aw14

We have state club level at the beach club not the yacht club. It was very nice but probably our least favorite club level. That said, we are going to wilderness Lodge next week and stay in club level. So I will be able to give more insight there. If I was to pick one or two club levels I really liked, the Polynesian and the contemporary are two favorites

MissViv

Last trip we were upgraded free to CL at the Poly. We had booked a standard room so this was quite a surprise. We do not drink but the food and snacks were great but, personally, I would not pay the CL prices. But … saying that if you really want to try CL then I would pick the standard room CL at YC if it is not too much more for your trip.

Since you are going in September and not at Christmas, I would choose YC over WL for the larger rooms and more restaurants.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think I will try YC since we haven't stayed at the Epcot resort side yet. A long weekend is a good chance to give it a shot.
If you're going to WDW solely to do MNSSHP, WL is the most logical choice. The boat is a no-hassle way to get back and forth to the park, and the food options are good. If you get tired of the hotel, you're a quick boat ride from the Contemporary or a quick bus ride to Disney Springs.

durangojim

If you're going to WDW solely to do MNSSHP, WL is the most logical choice. The boat is a no-hassle way to get back and forth to the park, and the food options are good. If you get tired of the hotel, you're a quick boat ride from the Contemporary or a quick bus ride to Disney Springs.
Normally I’d agree, but they’re only doing that for one night, which means they have to stay in the smaller room and an area with more limited options for the whole trip.

Nala06

Original Poster
We are also going for some good pool time, and while WL pools are nice, they dont quite compare to Stormalong. I do love the boat ride from WL to MK though, and not seeing the EWP every night will be a little sad!

DISR

I will throw in my counterpoint to the YC recommendations (and I don't think you can go wrong either way). IMO the CL at Wilderness is much better for setting and food. Since you will be enjoying the resort for most of the trip, the WL theming is also much better than YC. Also, MNSSHP can be a very late night event. At the end of that evening, I would prefer to be as close as possible to my resort. IMO Stormalong Bay is a bit overrated, although it is definitely a nice pool. I really like the feature pool at WL, but the addition of the fencing has left it feeling a bit cramped. The setting is really nice though. I'm a big fan of YC, but I choose it mostly for the quality of the rooms and the central location.

wlodge_man

See avatar for correct resort choice. :happy:

KCheatle

My gut reaction is WL, CL or not. The resort is so peaceful and serene. I could easily sit outside in a rocking chair reading a book and listening to the waterfall and be perfectly content. Plus, they now have the poolside spa, and the lakeside restaurant where you could watch some college football (if you're like me and like to catch up while on a September WDW getaway...). Plus, it is so easy to take the boat over to Ft WIlderness and do the activities there, or over to the Contemporary to hop on the monorail for a ride. And, I agree with the above posters, there is nothing better than being able to walk straight downhill out of MK at the end of a long day and hop right on a boat to the resort. It cannot be beat.

CL at WL is great. The food is defeinitely enough to keep you satisfied, and the fireworks from MK at night are fun to watch from the balcony.

I must admit, I have not stayed at YC, but I recently stayed at BC in CL, and I assume the experiences would be very comparable. I thought the CL was great. However, I did not think the hotel itself had much going on. The pool was nice, but not nearly as exciting as people had talked it up to be. The real pro was walking to Epcot and boating to HS, but since you aren't going to Epcot or HS, I actually think it would be kinda hard to be that close and not go?? There is the Boardwalk, and it's cute. But, it's mostly restaurants, so unless you're going to be constantly eating, it will not fill up much time?? I guess you could sit on a rocker outdoors there too, but it is not nearly as serene watching people walk along the path to and from Epcot as it is at WL overlooking a waterfall into Bay Lake. Plus, you get the Electric Water Pageant on Bay Lake ;-)

CL at BC had great food, but that's all it really offered?? dThere was no way to watch the fireworks or shows from Epcot or HS. Not sure if there is at YC CL?

Nala06

Original Poster
My gut reaction is WL, CL or not. The resort is so peaceful and serene. I could easily sit outside in a rocking chair reading a book and listening to the waterfall and be perfectly content. Plus, they now have the poolside spa, and the lakeside restaurant where you could watch some college football (if you're like me and like to catch up while on a September WDW getaway...). Plus, it is so easy to take the boat over to Ft WIlderness and do the activities there, or over to the Contemporary to hop on the monorail for a ride. And, I agree with the above posters, there is nothing better than being able to walk straight downhill out of MK at the end of a long day and hop right on a boat to the resort. It cannot be beat.

CL at WL is great. The food is defeinitely enough to keep you satisfied, and the fireworks from MK at night are fun to watch from the balcony.

I must admit, I have not stayed at YC, but I recently stayed at BC in CL, and I assume the experiences would be very comparable. I thought the CL was great. However, I did not think the hotel itself had much going on. The pool was nice, but not nearly as exciting as people had talked it up to be. The real pro was walking to Epcot and boating to HS, but since you aren't going to Epcot or HS, I actually think it would be kinda hard to be that close and not go?? There is the Boardwalk, and it's cute. But, it's mostly restaurants, so unless you're going to be constantly eating, it will not fill up much time?? I guess you could sit on a rocker outdoors there too, but it is not nearly as serene watching people walk along the path to and from Epcot as it is at WL overlooking a waterfall into Bay Lake. Plus, you get the Electric Water Pageant on Bay Lake ;-)

CL at BC had great food, but that's all it really offered?? dThere was no way to watch the fireworks or shows from Epcot or HS. Not sure if there is at YC CL?
You know, you hit the nail on the head for why I would choose WL over YC! We love the MK resorts area, and would definitely miss the fireworks and EWP if we didnt stay at WL. I also questioned the strong urge we would have to go into Epcot being so close! Its almost taunting. I keep going back and forth! Ugh

wlodge_man

Don't get me wrong; all the resorts, especially the Deluxe are amazing. But I never have felt the way I did (and still do now) walking into the lobby of the WL vs. all the other resorts I visited. It's a special place to see.
Good luck with your decision Nala06!

durangojim

Don't get me wrong; all the resorts, especially the Deluxe are amazing. But I never have felt the way I did (and still do now) walking into the lobby of the WL vs. all the other resorts I visited. It's a special place to see.
Good luck with your decision Nala06!
The lobby at the WL is one of the best at WDW for sure! I just wish the rooms were larger and brighter.

Maelstrom Troll

We’ve never done CL but YC is one of our favorite spots to stay. Like others have mentioned, the access to the Boardwalk is nice, the pool is amazing, restaurant choices are pretty good, and the ability to see the Epcot fireworks is an added perk.
Have a great trip and enjoy the party!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom