Resort Luggage Carts

Ricky Spanish

X2 on that cart. We used one at work to move bottled water through our building. We've put up to four five-gallon bottles on it and it didn't even break a sweat. You could move a LOT of groceries on it.

Bonus: the handle folds down so it'll lay pretty flat in your cargo area.
Awesome little carts.
Had one at my business, have one at home, and my wife has one in her room at school(she's an art teacher).
And I think they were only $20 each.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Awesome little carts.
Had one at my business, have one at home, and my wife has one in her room at school(she's an art teacher).
And I think they were only $20 each.
Negative, Ghostrider. $67.99 at your local Home Depot. Use it 11 times and it pays for itself.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think I read that it varies by resort level. Value has been able to check out carts for years. I know as many as 7 years ago I had to leave my license to use a cart at Pop Century. I have heard Deluxe won't let guests borrow the carts (different provider of services). Not sure about mods.

I saw a guest using one to move luggage from his room at Copper Creek earlier this month...no bell service CM in sight.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We've brought a microwave before - never had an issue. But, is it officially allowed?

Quite a heated exchange on some FB groups regarding microwaves in your room. The two main arguments against are a letter from Guest Relations that was shared on MomsPanel, and a firefighter quoting regulations about "cooking" in rooms.

Yet, Disney offers microwaves on request at some resorts, even in normal rooms (ie not DVC studios). And, no one has been able to provide anything official as a link on the disney web site either specifically prohibiting or noting microwaves are allowed .

Has anyone here found anything on disney's site regarding microwaves in rooms?

There are microwaves in the family suites at both ASMusic and Art of Animation, in addition to all DVC rooms.

bunnyman

Depends on the resort. Staying at Coronado Springs in January, went to Bell Services and asked for one, and they gave it to me. They asked that I just return it back to them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sorry... poor wording on my part. I did not mean to imply that suites and DVC rooms did not have microwaves. I was trying to differentiate between standard rooms that don't include microwaves from the suites, studios, etc. that do offer them.

The issue with microwaves is the power draw. Not 'cooking' or whatever. Don't want people popping circuits, etc.

Lensman

The issue with microwaves is the power draw. Not 'cooking' or whatever. Don't want people popping circuits, etc.
Blow dryers will use between 800 and 1800 watts. Vacuum cleaners will draw up to 12 amps or 1440 watts. A Keurig will draw 1500 watts. I don't think a compact microwave drawing 1000-1500 watts will trip the breaker as long as you're careful about other high draw appliances.

I'd speculate that most hotel rooms are wired for at least a single 20 amp breaker for each room and a separate breaker for the bathroom.

At any rate, a microwave will draw 50% more power than the nameplate power output. So a 700 watt compact microwave will draw 1050 watts of power from the outlet. A 1000 watt full size microwave will draw 1500 watts.

You'll be fine as long as you don't run both your coffee maker and the microwave at the same time (or the hair dryer). In case you're wondering, I'd guess that hotels that have both a microwave and coffee maker installed have them run to separate outlets fed by separate line branches/breakers, btw.

John park hopper

Original Poster
Disney would charge you a deposit of $233,610.00 (cost of raising one child) in addition to your first born just in case you did not claim your first born after using the luggage cart

Lensman

Disney would charge you a deposit of $233,610.00 (cost of raising one child) in addition to your first born just in case you did not claim your first born after using the luggage cart
Ah, gone are the days when our parents used to threaten to sell us into slavery, and us thinking that that might mean *less* work than our parents made us do! :D

Or was that only my family? Oops!

Actually, thinking about it, what might be the one plus to the kids growing up is when they actually got big enough to help with the luggage instead of wanting to ride on the luggage cart. In the latter case, I'd always question in my mind whether to count them as a piece of luggage for calculating the tip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom