Resort info, please. :)

Disneykidder

Original Poster
I'm staying at VGF, WLV an BWV in July. Any info/tips on them would be appreciated. I'm sooo excited. :)

We were originally staying a split at VGF and BCV but had to change our plans and lost out on BCV. (and a ressie at BOG...you're welcome to the person who swooped it up.;)) But I got another day out of the above plans so it's cool. :cool:

Boardwalker

BWV, studio room is what you would expect ( not overly impressive). However, the boardwalk is the greatest creation WDW has made! Not only are you 100yds from the world showcase, you can either ride a boat or walk about .2 miles to dhs. The clown slide rules, and they show disney movies on a projection screen at the quiet pool at night. At night the boardwalk is alive with magic shows and other live entertainment. Flying fish cafe and kouzzina are awesome. The espn club is there also. The boardwalk is the reason I keep wanting to disney as opposed to other places. It just has that "It" factor IMO.

StarWarsGirl

Transportation wise: For WL to MK, there is a boat and a bus. For BW to Epcot/DHS THERE IS NO BUS except during t-storms. So don't try to go out looking for a bus and then wonder why you're standing there waiting forever. If you plan on walking to DHS, do NOT go out to the Boardwalk and around. Take the staircase opposite from the Boardwalk down and you'll cut your walk time in half.

Recreation wise: Bike riding over at WL/Fort wilderness is great. Lots of riding space, plenty to explore. shady...get the refillable mugs and you can stop over at Fort Wilderness for a refill. If you're going to rent watercraft, there is more space over at the Seven Seas Lagoon than over at the Epcot resorts. I like both the pool at WL and BC equally. BW has Surrey bike rentals if you'd like. Community Hall over at BW has free air hockey, table tennis, pac man, and a few other games. People rave about the Boardwalk itself. I don't think it's that great. It's nice; got some live entertainment outside, nice place to stop and get ice cream/baked goods, nice gift shop, nothing spectacular. I've actually never stayed at GF.

jlsHouston

I've stayed at BWI regular standard view room and BWV studio standard view...I prefer the normal version over the studio room but staying on the Boardwalk is great...Great pool, awesome community center, the best people work there...good food choices and great ones nearby. Twelve nights on property! Have fun!
Oh my 2 favorite pools and slides are BW and GF so definitely do some pool time.

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Not thrilled about the creepy clown but I am sure it is fun and my kids will enjoy it. We love the BW Bakery and the proximity to Epcot and DHS. We love love love staying on the monorail line so being at VGF makes it even better. WL...well it is just so awesome and cool looking.
@StarWarsGirl95 what do you mean the staircase opposite the Boardwalk? Sounds right up our alley since we did plan to walk to DHS.

StarWarsGirl

Not thrilled about the creepy clown but I am sure it is fun and my kids will enjoy it. We love the BW Bakery and the proximity to Epcot and DHS. We love love love staying on the monorail line so being at VGF makes it even better. WL...well it is just so awesome and cool looking.
@StarWarsGirl95 what do you mean the staircase opposite the Boardwalk? Sounds right up our alley since we did plan to walk to DHS.
boardwalk-map.jpg

See on the map how the villas parallel the walkway? Well, if you go down the hall towards the walkway, there should be a staircase. Go down that stairwell and out to the path. I know the blue section on the map has the stairwell, I believe the other ones do too. Your other option is to cut through the pool area.

journ116

I'm staying at VGF, WLV an BWV in July. Any info/tips on them would be appreciated. I'm sooo excited. :)

We were originally staying a split at VGF and BCV but had to change our plans and lost out on BCV. (and a ressie at BOG...you're welcome to the person who swooped it up.;)) But I got another day out of the above plans so it's cool. :cool:
TIP: during your stay at VGF, cut thru Poly to get to TTC when getting the monorail to EP. It's much faster than hopping the resort monorail from GF. On the way back though, the time is negligible if a resort monorail is sitting there at the TTC welcoming you to ride.

Big Ben

BWV is about the last stop on the Magic Kingdom bus loop, can make for a long ride after a long day. However one of my favorites is Dueling Pianos at Jellyrolls Bar on the boardwalk, well worth the cover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom