Resort Hopping?

inside-out

Original Poster
Heading there in February. With the parks closing so much earlier I was hoping that me and wife could go visit other resorts. We enjoy that as much as being in the parks. Will be be able to get into the other resorts without any type of dining reservation?

nickys

Premium Member
Heading there in February. With the parks closing so much earlier I was hoping that me and wife could go visit other resorts. We enjoy that as much as being in the parks. Will be be able to get into the other resorts without any type of dining reservation?
If you use Disney transportation then you won’t have any problems.

There have been many reports of people being turned away from resorts without an ADR or mobile order. In some places security seem stricter than others with people being asked to show their reservation, WL being one.

Difficult to know whether the situation will have changed by February.

Gaston's gal

We also like to explore the various resorts so we can see where we would like to stay on our next visit. With that being said, today at the Skyliner, they did ask where we were going and asked for proof that we indeed were going there for more than just a casual visit. (We were going to Riviera from Poly for a split stay). Hope they aren't as strict when you come so you can still resort hop

DISR

We had a similar experience last week....asked for our reason to visit the Grand Floridian. The resorts are part of WDW, and we enjoy live research on where we want to stay or not stay on our next trip. It was very un-Disney to feel like you had to sneak in vs receiving a warm welcome. That said we walked to Contempo Cafe for dinner and took a boat to WL for dinner from MK on different days. There were no problems or questions with those trips. It was just GF where we had to explain our visit. We also rode the Skyliner with no questions on one day. The second time we were asked where we were going, but it may have been to help us get there, not to screen us...it was hard to tell for sure. Resort hopping is definitely not as magical right now.

Zé_Carioca

They are being extra strict now but even pre-pandemic it was always best to have a reservation because they could always turn you away. it depended on how busy they were and was up to the discretion of the CM working. The easiest thing is to make a quick reservation somewhere or park in the TTC and use the monorail, DHS and use the Skyliner or Disney Springs and use the buses. They don't usually check at those places (they were for the New Years Holiday due to increased demand).

Schweino

If using Disney Transpo you are fine. Can confirm with Ubering you CAN get turned away.

EDIT: Missed my confirmation - we had a dinner res at Cali Grill and took an Uber from Pop to Contemp. While at the Contemp gate, I heard the lady clearly state we can't come in unless we had a dinner reservation, which I showed her on my mobile app.

This could be different depending on resort, but it's at least proof this is been enforced to some degree ;D

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Use Disney Transportation if AT ALL POSSIBLE!
I cannot emphasize this enough having resort hopped twice within the past few months (once on Halloween and once on New Year's Eve).

ELG13

Couldn't you also day you were placing a mobile order for food?? We will be there next week and don't anticipate a ton of time but we have always enjoyed going to different gift shops.

nickys

Premium Member
Couldn't you also day you were placing a mobile order for food?? We will be there next week and don't anticipate a ton of time but we have always enjoyed going to different gift shops.
You’d want to have ordered already, reports say they will ask to see. And in some cases be somewhat grumpy, especially at WL.

ELG13

You’d want to have ordered already, reports say they will ask to see. And in some cases be somewhat grumpy, especially at WL.
Good to know. We have an ADR for dinner at WL so that won't be an issue but we were hoping to run to the campgrounds but we may have to just wait until our April trip when we will be staying there.

LittleMerman

We were there for New Years weekend (very busy) and had no problems. After our MK day we took the monorail to GF and had no problem. The next day we drove to the Poly and told them our plans at the gate and they couldn't have been nicer. Part of our party left in the car and some of us stayed behind and resort hopped using Disney transportation and no one ever quesitoned us (although we did have a lunch reservation). The only tricky part was taking trans back to the parks or Springs to get to other resorts but that's nothing new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom