Resort Hopping at Star Wars Hotel?

Jon81uk

Also re-reading the OPs question. I wouldn't say Disney allow "resort hopping" any more than the Ritz hotel allows non-guests to book afternoon tea. Its "normal" for hotels to allow non-guests to make reservations for meals.

s&k'smom

I can’t even imagine the crowds for that hotel and park. We are going to wait a while to see it. But will happily wait for the YouTube videos.

correcaminos

If you only want a day tour then go to Star Wars Galaxys Edge in Hollywood Studios is the response I would expect.

I would expect it too but it would be nice to see what the resort has to offer in person. A dinner package or the like could be fun and the only level of immersion I would care to do.

JIMINYCR

I'm assuming the answer would be a NO. This isnt being built and promoted as a normal resort hotel with guests booking a room. Guests booking their stay are experiencing a SW based experience. It is like a ticketed event. Everything is being geared for the enjoyment, entertainment of those who book the event. Opening it up for guests to hop over to see it would ruin the immersive experience others have paid for. Its an exclusive site thats closed to outsiders. In the same way we commoners cant hop in to visit club 33 because its closed to us.

Hockey89

They're gonna have an awfully hard time telling Grandma she can't visit her family staying at SWH or whatever similar situation requires non-registered guests to visit, beyond just dining and food. Its also a hotel, so there will be Uber/Lyft/taxis picking up, etc.
Not really... The answer is no... Sorry guest only... Don't care if the person is 4 or 90...

Kamikaze

I don't think there is a way to not allow a guest to walk the hotel and eat there. It's a public building.

No, it is not. Its a private building with access to the public. They can restrict that access in any non-discriminatory way they see fit. And no, not having enough money isn't a form of discrimination.

Indy_UK

I think it will be people staying there only who are allowed to go in. Everyone else will have Galaxy's Edge.

I really hope this doesn't go past $1700 a room. Past that it may have to be a no from me because I could go on a 3 day cruise with inside stateroom for that

Club Cooloholic

No, it is not. Its a private building with access to the public. They can restrict that access in any non-discriminatory way they see fit. And no, not having enough money isn't a form of discrimination.
I had written earlier that I was misunderstood about what the place was. Don't fear there will be plenty of room for you to do all your lightsaber moves star wars kid. BTW..."
"Public place" means any place, building, or conveyance to which the public has, or is permitted to have, access, including restaurants, soda fountains, hotel dining areas, lobbies and corridors of hotels, and any park, place of public resort or amusement, highway, street, lane, or sidewalk adjoining any highway, ..."

Kamikaze

I had written earlier that I was misunderstood about what the place was. Don't fear there will be plenty of room for you to do all your lightsaber moves star wars kid. BTW..."
"Public place" means any place, building, or conveyance to which the public has, or is permitted to have, access, including restaurants, soda fountains, hotel dining areas, lobbies and corridors of hotels, and any park, place of public resort or amusement, highway, street, lane, or sidewalk adjoining any highway, ..."

Public place doesn't mean its not a private building. You're confusing the idea of a place where the public can go with the idea that it means it has to be available to the public at all times. Can you just go into MK for free and just 'look around'?

Last edited:

J_Krafty24

Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan restricts entry for the same reason the Star Wars resort might need to. Guests staying at Grand Hotel are paying top dollar for a certain experience. If they give every day tripper on the island to buy fudge and go for a bike ride full access the place will be mobbed and will loose the atmosphere they are famous for.

Rogue1138

Anyone have any hints how this will work? My wife has no interest but my Star Wars buddies and I would plan a guy's weekend to do this. Will they have Magical Express going directly to the hotel? Do you need to book a normal resort and basically upcharge to do the hotel? Will they transport you and luggage from one resort to the SWH if you're going as part of a longer trip?

Is the maintenance staff in character, so will an alien come to your room if you clog the toilet? :p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anyone have any hints how this will work? My wife has no interest but my Star Wars buddies and I would plan a guy's weekend to do this. Will they have Magical Express going directly to the hotel? Do you need to book a normal resort and basically upcharge to do the hotel? Will they transport you and luggage from one resort to the SWH if you're going as part of a longer trip?

Is the maintenance staff in character, so will an alien come to your room if you clog the toilet? :p
As near as I can tell, it will work like a cruise ship. You will book an itinerary and stay at the Star Wars Resort for however long that itinerary lasts.

Past that, it is all just a guess. One would assume that they will have DME and you will be able to come and go as you please. Transfering from this resort to another or vice versa would most likely be handled just like they do now.

Rogue1138

As near as I can tell, it will work like a cruise ship. You will book an itinerary and stay at the Star Wars Resort for however long that itinerary lasts.

Past that, it is all just a guess. One would assume that they will have DME and you will be able to come and go as you please. Transferring from this resort to another or vice versa would most likely be handled just like they do now.

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, this is such a dream come true but man, there's so many logistical things that I'm so curious how they pull it off. Telling a story but still running a hotel/restaurant. Dealing with luggage, room cleaning, transportation and then having to have cast members telling a story too. So much room for error.

Kamikaze

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, this is such a dream come true but man, there's so many logistical things that I'm so curious how they pull it off. Telling a story but still running a hotel/restaurant. Dealing with luggage, room cleaning, transportation and then having to have cast members telling a story too. So much room for error.

If the length of stay is the rumored 2 nights, there is the possibility they just don't clean the rooms when they are occupied and only between guests. Cuts down on any 'story' needing to be told there.

But obviously as a 'starship cruise', there would be people/aliens/droids working as we would have on a cruise ship here. So it starts to reason that jobs such as porters are a thing that would exist on the 'starship' as well.

Rogue1138

If the length of stay is the rumored 2 nights, there is the possibility they just don't clean the rooms when they are occupied and only between guests. Cuts down on any 'story' needing to be told there.

But obviously as a 'starship cruise', there would be people/aliens/droids working as we would have on a cruise ship here. So it starts to reason that jobs such as porters are a thing that would exist on the 'starship' as well.

I was even wondering if they'll do specific dates, like two days open - one day closed, or if it'll be constantly rotating guests in and out. Would cut down on room cleaning resets but I'm thinking more of accidental things: clogged toilets, someone throwing up blue milk, the leaking dirty diaper.

Those CM who work the SWH will be an interesting bunch. Provide Disney-level service for an extremely luxury experience and doing it in character.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When it comes to telling a story, I have faith in the mouse.

My first inclination is them incorporating some kind of travel into the story so passengers, luggage, dining, etc is not out of place. (eg "we are on a space cruise and something goes wrong and the random family on vacation must save the universe")

Rogue1138

When it comes to telling a story, I have faith in the mouse.

My first inclination is them incorporating some kind of travel into the story so passengers, luggage, dining, etc is not out of place. (eg "we are on a space cruise and something goes wrong and the random family on vacation must save the universe")

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Like one of the murder mystery dinners. I'm sure at some point the First Order will invade and start looking for the spy who families will have to help out. It'll be interesting how they can engage people. My friends and I are all gamers so I'll act as a character in the SW universe but you're average family might be intimidated by the experience. There's immersion and this is a level above that.

My only regret will be that I won't be able to wear any of my various stormtrooper armors. "Resistance spy! That guy over there! get 'em boys!" ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Like one of the murder mystery dinners. I'm sure at some point the First Order will invade and start looking for the spy who families will have to help out. It'll be interesting how they can engage people. My friends and I are all gamers so I'll act as a character in the SW universe but you're average family might be intimidated by the experience. There's immersion and this is a level above that.

My only regret will be that I won't be able to wear any of my various stormtrooper armors. "Resistance spy! That guy over there! get 'em boys!" ;)
That is my biggest worry. How will Disney satisfy those guests interested in LARPing as well as those that just want to take a Star Wars cruise?

Rogue1138

That is my biggest worry. How will Disney satisfy those guests interested in LARPing as well as those that just want to take a Star Wars cruise?

I was thinking that maybe upon booking there's a series of questions you have to answer to get "costume" sizing for your party, your level of participation and preferences. Link to your Magic Band so they can know on site and act accordingly. You sit down for dinner and a CM hands you a note to meet fellow Resistance members in a certain location and time. Guests who wanted to participate all meet there and talk to the "spy". You all get a special pin to wear so stormtroopers know to harass you. Etc.

Bulldog1653

I would love to wear my Galactic Marine armor or my Staff Officer uniform for this. (Dune Sea Garrison, 501st Legion). I'm pretty excited about the entire idea of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom