Resort Hopping at Star Wars Hotel?

SeminoleVators

Original Poster
I know at Disney World and DLR all the hotels allow Resort Hopping, so you can visit the resorts in the, well, resort. What about the Star Wars Hotel, which's idea is to provide an immersive experience? Will I be able to resort hop to the Star Wars Hotel? It would be interesting, to say the least.

Club Cooloholic

I know at Disney World and DLR all the hotels allow Resort Hopping, so you can visit the resorts in the, well, resort. What about the Star Wars Hotel, which's idea is to provide an immersive experience? Will I be able to resort hop to the Star Wars Hotel? It would be interesting, to say the least.
I don't think there is a way to not allow a guest to walk the hotel and eat there. It's a public building. My guess is to interact with stuff you will have to be a staying there and your magic band will work to activate things . Or they will sell "games" where maybe your band works for 2 hours on property. That could be something as well

correcaminos

I think this is an unknown really. Normally I'd say yes, you can go visit. But with the 'story line' that will be attached to those staying there, maybe not? I'm not a type who likes to be in a story so the idea of the resort does not appeal for that reason only. I don't want to pay that much for something I'm not a fan of.

I don't think there is a way to not allow a guest to walk the hotel and eat there. It's a public building. My guess is to interact with stuff you will have to be a staying there and your magic band will work to activate things . Or they will sell "games" where maybe your band works for 2 hours on property. That could be something as well

I think it would be kind of easy to keep only guests to the resort. The entrance to and from the resort to DHS will be exclusive. You could easily filter people out at the gate. I'd love to see it though, but I'm not counting on even a visit.

Robbiem

I suspect entry to the resort will be restricted and strictly controlled at least at opening. What will be interesting is if they have some form of day experience maybe in the form of a dining package or similar where you can visit from the park (for example in Dubai you can visit the burj al arab hotel to eat there which is part of its ‘exclusive’ business model) - it could act as a taster for the main experience but im not sure if it would be felt that this would cheapen a very expensive experience and so wouldn’t be done.

TrojanUSC

They're gonna have an awfully hard time telling Grandma she can't visit her family staying at SWH or whatever similar situation requires non-registered guests to visit, beyond just dining and food. Its also a hotel, so there will be Uber/Lyft/taxis picking up, etc.

Jon81uk

They're gonna have an awfully hard time telling Grandma she can't visit her family staying at SWH or whatever similar situation requires non-registered guests to visit, beyond just dining and food. Its also a hotel, so there will be Uber/Lyft/taxis picking up, etc.

I don't think it would be that hard, its like if you are inside a theme park or on a cruise. You can't meet Grandma for dinner at Epcot unless she also gets an entry ticket. The Star Wars hotel will be more like a theme park with hotel rooms, you just tell Grandma that you are busy today enjoying the experience and you can go for dinner elsewhere another day.

Other hotels around the world already offer restaurants that are for guests only, it wouldn't be a new thing to restrict hotel facilities to residents only.

Club Cooloholic

I don't think it would be that hard, its like if you are inside a theme park or on a cruise. You can't meet Grandma for dinner at Epcot unless she also gets an entry ticket. The Star Wars hotel will be more like a theme park with hotel rooms, you just tell Grandma that you are busy today enjoying the experience and you can go for dinner elsewhere another day.

Other hotels around the world already offer restaurants that are for guests only, it wouldn't be a new thing to restrict hotel facilities to residents only.
I had not realized what they were planning in charging. I wonder how it will all turn out, the thing about a cruise is there usually something for everyone in a family, this seems very specific, of my family of 4 I might be the only one who would want to do this.

Jon81uk

I had not realized what they were planning in charging. I wonder how it will all turn out, the thing about a cruise is there usually something for everyone in a family, this seems very specific, of my family of 4 I might be the only one who would want to do this.

The charge for the entertainment of the Star Wars hotel will most likely be built into the room price (in the same way you don't pay for shows on a cruise). But I would expect the experiences will only be for guests resident in the hotel and there won't be a discount if you want to sit out some of the show elements. Of course there might be extra charges for some experiences on top of the standard ones as well I imagine too.

Club Cooloholic

The charge for the entertainment of the Star Wars hotel will most likely be built into the room price (in the same way you don't pay for shows on a cruise). But I would expect the experiences will only be for guests resident in the hotel and there won't be a discount if you want to sit out some of the show elements. Of course there might be extra charges for some experiences on top of the standard ones as well I imagine too.
It will be fun to see the reviews pour in on this. I have a feeling people will love it or hate it

nickys

Premium Member
It will be fun to see the reviews pour in on this. I have a feeling people will love it or hate it

Oh yes! If you read the thread on the resort itself, you’ll see that people are already polarised over whether it should be 100% full immersion or aimed more at the casual fan.

But anyone actually booking this will be huge Star Wars fans for sure. No one will be booking if they’re on the fence. Although there will be those tagging along with the rest of the family (oops, I’ve just re-ignited it again ;)).

This is not a resort, like GF or AK. This is a fully immersive “experience”. Likely a 2 night (maybe 3) with a price tag of at least $1000 per person, not per room. From the moment you enter, you will be in a Star Wars themed “land”.

Club Cooloholic

Oh yes! If you read the thread on the resort itself, you’ll see that people are already polarised over whether it should be 100% full immersion or aimed more at the casual fan.

But anyone actually booking this will be huge Star Wars fans for sure. No one will be booking if they’re on the fence. Although there will be those tagging along with the rest of the family (oops, I’ve just re-ignited it again ;)).

This is not a resort, like GF or AK. This is a fully immersive “experience”. Likely a 2 night (maybe 3) with a price tag of at least $1000 per person, not per room. From the moment you enter, you will be in a Star Wars themed “land”.
What's funny is I can't get my kids into star wars, and most of their friends really aren't into it. The toys too are not really big sellers like they were for my generation, so I do question the star wars shelf life a little, I mean it going to be great but 20 years from now I wonder about interest.

Last edited:

DisneyOutsider

From every indication and piece of information we've gathered on these forums, Grandma will be SOL. It's looking probable that you will not be able to visit this resort without a reservation.

That being said, Disney really hasn't told us anything, so this is all mostly speculation.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We don't know for sure, but I am going to go with no.

Based on everything I have heard, I am expecting the SW Resort to be handled much like a cruise ship. There will be common areas like pools, lounges, etc that can be accessed anytime by guests and a set of restaurants that will follow a cruise ship like schedule. I seriously doubt that anything will be open to the general public.

This is not going to be a place you stay when you are visiting the parks. While I am sure you could do that, It would be much like booking a 3 day cruise just to visit Nassau.

correcaminos

From every indication and piece of information we've gathered on these forums, Grandma will be SOL. It's looking probable that you will not be able to visit this resort without a reservation.

That being said, Disney really hasn't told us anything, so this is all mostly speculation.
Agreed - and my thoughts on what little we've been told.

I will say as a super big fan who just doesn't like immersion, I'm kind of bummed at the idea that it will be only for those who want the full story experience. Just not my cup of tea. A day tour would be nice though...

Jon81uk

Agreed - and my thoughts on what little we've been told.

I will say as a super big fan who just doesn't like immersion, I'm kind of bummed at the idea that it will be only for those who want the full story experience. Just not my cup of tea. A day tour would be nice though...

If you only want a day tour then go to Star Wars Galaxys Edge in Hollywood Studios is the response I would expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom