Resort Furniture

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
I'm guessing it probably differs per resort but does anyone know any of the companies that have contracted the guest-room furniture for the rooms? In the drawer of our armoire at Coronado Springs there was a company tag, but I forget now what the company was. It seems like it was Ameri- or American- something... lol.

Any help please???

:confused: :shrug:

shari71

I believe every resort has different manufacturers. I work for a furniture company that used to supply Dixie Landings (POR) in the 90's. I don't believe we kept that contract during the hospitality slump after 9/11. I looked around and could not find anything right off that met your criteria. Hospitality furniture is fit for specific needs and usually is done on a contract basis where the contractor does not own the design for production other than the company they were contracted with to produce for. We have done some very detailed pieces. Hospitality took a huge hit after 9/11 and that part of our business is finally getting back on its feet.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Mouse Surplus (http://www.mousesurplus.com/) also gets a lot of it. They sell on Ebay as well.

I don't recommend this, but about five years ago I witnessed something very strange as I was walking to my room at POFQ. A family was leaving and packing up their car, which was one of those big suburbans. Apparently, they really liked the chair at the little table in the room, because after Mom and the kids came out of the room with the luggage, out pops Dad carrying the chair. He put it in the back of the car, and off they went. I looked at my friend and was like, "Did he just steal a chair?" She just kind of nodded. It was very, very strange.

Fun2BFree

Mouse Surplus (http://www.mousesurplus.com/) also gets a lot of it. They sell on Ebay as well.

I don't recommend this, but about five years ago I witnessed something very strange as I was walking to my room at POFQ. A family was leaving and packing up their car, which was one of those big suburbans. Apparently, they really liked the chair at the little table in the room, because after Mom and the kids came out of the room with the luggage, out pops Dad carrying the chair. He put it in the back of the car, and off they went. I looked at my friend and was like, "Did he just steal a chair?" She just kind of nodded. It was very, very strange.

Well sure, everything in the room is complementary. Whenever you leave, don't you take the odd towel/soap/television with you? :lookaroun

DVC Dave

We were in the quiet pool at the Beach Club Villas when this woman and her two kids come out a door and start to walk toward the exit. They were carrying 2 bedspreads and two colored pillows from their room. I thought "are they stealing that stuff?" just then a cast member walked by and I alerted him. His first response was "again??!!" Then he got an a walkie talkie and called someone...strange.

Epcot82Guy

That's seriously gutzy! I realized once I accidentally (mean that) had packed a towel in my things, and I felt bad. I can't imagine if the odd furniture or large piece of bedding made its way in. I mean, seriously? Beadspreads? CHAIRS?? I know Disney resorts are expensive, but c'mon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom