Resort for Oct 1, 2021

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Right now I'm planning on booking the Contemporary for Oct 1, 2021. I think being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom on that date will be a huge plus! However, if for some reason I can't get a room at the Contemporary, is the Wilderness Lodge a good option? Or does anyone think the walking path from the Poly will be open?

Or am I totally crazy to spend that amount of money just to be close to the Magic Kingdom?I can swing the cost, but should I just go with a resort more budget friendly?

MissViv

I've booked the Contemporary for this October Halloween Week. If I go to the Halloween Party at MK, I want to be able to walk back to the resort. My last stay was at POFQ and it was nice but I really prefer the deluxes and the easy access to MK & Epcot. Poly is one of my favorites too. Love watching the fireworks from the beach area.

The Contemporary is one of my favorite resorts and if you can afford it then that is where I would stay. WL is nice too but no monorails and you would need to take the boat to MK.

westie

I've stayed at both resorts. WL is pretty far out there. I'd add 15 minutes to any bus ride compared to the Cont. Cont. walk to the MK is awesome. The monorail station in the hotel is awesome. The food choices are awesome. Need I add any more awesome lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
WL is pretty far out there. I'd add 15 minutes to any bus ride compared to the Cont.
Interesting you say that because WL and Contemporary share buses for AK and DHS, except for first couple hours in the morning when both resorts have direct buses to those parks. And on the journey home, WL gets dropped off first.

At least that has been my experience with multiple WL stays over the last several years.

BASS

You really can't go wrong with any of those choices. Each have their own pros and cons, but all are top of the line.

Personally, I'd favor Wilderness Lodge only because the price is usually more in line with what I'd expect compared to Poly or Contemporary, but that's just me.

Rob562

Right now I'm planning on booking the Contemporary for Oct 1, 2021. I think being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom on that date will be a huge plus! However, if for some reason I can't get a room at the Contemporary, is the Wilderness Lodge a good option? Or does anyone think the walking path from the Poly will be open?

Or am I totally crazy to spend that amount of money just to be close to the Magic Kingdom?I can swing the cost, but should I just go with a resort more budget friendly?

To chime in about the walking path question...
Even if the walking path from the Grand Floridian to the MK is complete, that's a looooooong walk all the way around the lagoon. It'd be about 1.2 miles from the Great Ceremonial House to the MK gates. The monorail would be far faster.

-Rob

TTA94

To my knowledge the Contemporary and Bay Lake is really the only option that will allow you to get to the MK before anyone else correct?

Shouldigo12

Is this just a one day/one night visit? If so, then I would say just go ahead and splurge for the resort you really want. If it's more than one day, than I would consider a split stay. Stay at the Contemporary (or Poly, whichever ends up happening for you) for the night before the 50th and go somewhere else after/before.

Katelynbird

I have never stayed any of those resorts, but have visited all of them and they are all so beautiful. I would say if being close t the MK and getting back to your resort quickly is important to you if you can't get the Contemporary, I would go with Poly because they also offer the monorail.

JIMINYCR

Its never crazy or a waste to spend your money on whats going to bring you pleasure. Years ago when we stayed at the Contemp. it was a nice feature being able to walk to MK and also convenient to be in a monorail resort. If its a question of budgeting, only you can say if its worth the extra money to spend especially now with the uncertainty of the economy going forward. If I had the money available, I'd spend it on the resort I was more excited at staying at and know I'd be happier, which would be the Contemp.

EpcotCenter82

I got a room at the Contemp. Mainly because, if everything resumes back to normal by then, and it likely will, I know what chaos there will be dealing with the parking lot and TTC on that day.
Same here, also hoping that there will be an extra special fireworks display the night of October 1 that I can watch from the resort.

October 1 is a Friday, hope there's not a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party scheduled for that evening.

TTA94

Same here, also hoping that there will be an extra special fireworks display the night of October 1 that I can watch from the resort.

October 1 is a Friday, hope there's not a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party scheduled for that evening.

That’s what I’m wondering to about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. I would think they will not have it that night. Although I think a lot depends on when WDW begins the 50th Celebration. Lots of rumors about when that will be. If they do begin the 50th Celebration prior to October 1st, they may just do a Dedication Ceremony in the morning on the 1st and then have Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at night.

dhslxop

I got a room at the Contemp. Mainly because, if everything resumes back to normal by then, and it likely will, I know what chaos there will be dealing with the parking lot and TTC on that day.
Were you able to book a room? I was looking at doing this and the website only allows booking through the end of 2020 for me, which seems odd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom