Resort Entertainment

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Original Poster
This week I stay 1 night at Port Orleans and have reservations at River Roost lounge specifically to experience the YeeHa Bob show. I did not know about this dinner/resort entertainment until this week. I should have, I think, having been a DVC member and frequent WDW guest.
I wonder how many other little gems there may still be in WDW at the resorts that are off the radar.
I thought this might be a nice thread to spread the word about these hidden pleasures or to reminisce about old haunts now lost.

JIMINYCR

Youre going to LOVE Bob. Weve taken in his show many times during our stays at POFQ. Its well worth our walk over to PORS. There are also musicians that play and sing at the Scat Cat lounge in POFQ. Not the same level of ruckus and fun as Bob but they are entertaining.
The GF has an orchestra that plays jazz and other styles of music in the lobby area.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks! It was years before we heard about Hoop Dee Doo revue at the Campgrounds too. And we tell everyone about that show as well. I don’t think a lot of people know about these alternate entertainment choices. Some of our best memories have come from spending downtime at Hoop Dee Doo, The Explorers Club, Whispering Canyon. I look forward to Bob. I’ll have to try Mizners as well!

wannabeBelle

Jason and Billy at Scat Cat's Lounge in French Quarter. Both gentleman used to play with Off Kilter and are accomplished musicians in addition to being really nice people. Be sure to check out their Facebook page to see if there are any songs that they do that you'd like to request. The vast majority of their show is comprised of audience requests, so it is fairly different each night. They are there most Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings ( the opposite of Yeha Bob!) so be sure to stop on over, grab a drink at the bar and enjoy!! Also the lounge is family friendly and even has board games that they loan out. Get there early, the best seats are not inside the bar area but in the bistro tables in front of the stage and they go fairly quickly! Have a great time!! Marie

wannabeBelle

Jelly Rolls I have very split feelings on. I have gone there before and had a good time, but the last time I went it was pretty awful and I ended up leaving early, it was that bad!!! On a related note, I so miss Pleasure Island!!! The clubs there were great. I do like Raglan Road's entertainment as well, but that is a different type of thing altogether. Marie

Paper straw fan

Jelly Rolls I have very split feelings on. I have gone there before and had a good time, but the last time I went it was pretty awful and I ended up leaving early, it was that bad!!! On a related note, I so miss Pleasure Island!!! The clubs there were great. I do like Raglan Road's entertainment as well, but that is a different type of thing altogether. Marie

I think...last time I was at JR we were front row, and it’s just very loud. And as good as they are, they take NO breaks (just sub other people in) so if you actually want to talk to someone at all you are out of luck. They’ll do some decent songs, but they also do the usual “songs for 90’s sorority girls/frat guys to screech at the top of their lungs” like Piano Man, Girls just wanna have fun, Sweet Caroline (we get it you know the BAH BAH BAH part) etc.

At PO it’s a good volume, you can sit up front and take it all in or hang at the bar and relax to it.

wannabeBelle

Also depending on how adventurous you are several different groups who previously played at Disney do play outside the gates, either together or individually. American Martian for example play at several places in the area. Most/ all of the members of this group comprised Mulch, Sweat & Shears, depending on who happens to be in that day. Audio Exchange does feature one of the members of Mulch as well. Off Kilter still plays under that same name at various Irish/ Celtic festivals and celebrations in the area. Some of the members of Mulch also play with Acoustic Edge that performs in Disney Springs. Marie

Last edited:

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Original Poster
Also depending on how adventurous you are several different groups who previously played at Disney do play outside the gates, either together or individually. American Martian for example play at several places in the area. Most/ all of the members of this group comprised Mulch, Sweat & Shears, depending on who happens to be in that day. Audio Exchange does feature one of the members of Mulch as well. Off Kilter still plays under that same name at various Irish/ Celtic festivals and celebrations in the area. Some of the members also play with Acoustic Edge that performs in Disney Springs. Marie
Thank you. Not for this trip, but for my August trip I’ll do that. I saw somewhere the cast/members of the Adventurers Club had a theater/club. I was going to hunt them down too. They were a very entertaining bunch

wannabeBelle

On this up and coming Tuesday, Jason of Jason and Billy will be out on vacation, so Billy will be joined by CC Dixon of Mulch, Sweat & Shears ( He was Hedge Shears) on bass guitar. This is a great combination to catch, as the night tends to be a little more rock and blues than normal. The other nights Greg will be joining Billy in providing the entertainment with both guys playing guitar. Have a great time!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom