Resort Choice

jasonchas

Hi.. I’m planning a trip to WDW the first or second week in Feb. I always stayed in deluxe resorts and never stayed in a value or moderate resort. This trip I plan on going by myself. Since I stay in the parks all day long I’m looking at staying at a value. If you had a choice- which value resort would you pick. I like the looks of Pop. Would you pay the extra money (value season) to stay at a moderate? I’ve always wanted to stay at POR. Thanks for your help.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
If you are picking a value, definetly Pop Century.

However, POR is my favorite resort on property. Lots of busses, the boat ride to DTD, great pool, great food court. If its value season, its about a $30/night difference, only you can decide if its worth it.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

If you do decide to stay at a value, Pop is great! My fiance and I stayed there this past May and we both loved it. It has it's own bus line, a nice food court, and it really isn't that far of a walk to the busses. (Although some may disagree with me on that.) The only drawback that we noticed was that the walls are a tad thin, so we could hear all the kids screaming past our room. But other than that, it was wonderful and we would both stay there again in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0
If you are going in the beginning of February, make sure you check www.varsity.com for cheerleading competitions and where they are staying. Usually they stay at All Stars Resorts and CBR with overflow going to POP. I have always wanted to check out POR as well....if you can afford the difference, I would go with POR. But value...definitely POP

Upvote 0

wdwpooh1027

resorts

Being a fl resident and always going there....I have heard and read that POR is currently going under rehab in some areas...as for Pop Century I have never stayed in..but I do know that Pop Century is way out there....The Allstar Resorts are layout the same way as POP Century but are much closer to Animal Kingdom. I don't care to much for the moderate resorts...but that's ur choice. Check out www.allearsnet.com to see the different hotels. Hope this information helps. Good Luck.

Upvote 0

col

i stayed at all star sports in may 2005 and loved it but the bus route stopped at the music and movies then went onto the parks - most of the time.
i am staying at pop century by myself at christmas (90 says to go:xmas: ) as i will be at the parks all the time and during the day but i always make time to go around the resort and look at all the cool things they have, while i was at disney in may 2005 i got a bus to pop century and got tye-dyed cheesecake from the food court -it was delish!- i decided not to go outside into the pool area coz i didnt want to spoil the excitement for myself.

here are some points that made me book disneys pop century:
-its cheaper than the other value resorts
-its what i can afford
-its the newest resort
-it looks fun and exciting
-its by epcot and mgm so i can see the fireworks and the lights
-the buses are for that resort only
-i sent a letter to them asking about information and they sent me a file what you get when you check-in
-everything looks relaxing and fun
-its cool to look back at what was "in" back in the day.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

As far as values I would definately go with pop. The decision to upgrade will depend on whether or not you think you are going to utilize what the resort gives you. If you are going to be in the parks all day every day then you should probably just go with the value and save the money for something you can use.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

col said:
here are some points that made me book disneys pop century:

-its by epcot and mgm so i can see the fireworks and the lights

Where can you see the fireworks at MGM and Epcot from? (Like, near the pool, from your room, etc.) I'm staying at the Pop in Oct. (23 days!!!!!!!!!) and was hoping to be able to see some of the fireworks from MGM but wasn't sure about it.

Upvote 0

col

i think its either the 50's,60's,70's buildings. im not sure as i havent stayed there yet (90 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but they are the buildings that people have said,if you are not put in the building where you can see the fireworks just go over to that building and watch them; believe me thats what im gunna do! also someone said that you can see wishes from pop century -but im not sure.

have a fab trip and let me know how you get on and what it is like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

natalia1681 said:
Where can you see the fireworks at MGM and Epcot from? (Like, near the pool, from your room, etc.) I'm staying at the Pop in Oct. (23 days!!!!!!!!!) and was hoping to be able to see some of the fireworks from MGM but wasn't sure about it.

I can help here...

Request the 50s building with iconic Tramp (I forget the number unfortunately) on the back side, facing the lake. During the day you will overlook the beautiful lake (and the unfinished construction--really no eyesore AT ALL and I am super picky with views) and at night time you will be able to see both Illuminations and Wishes!! Top Floor.

I think its building 3, level 4, room 25. Yes 3425 was my room, and it was a great surprise to see the fireworks at night. And, much to our liking, being on the backside of the Resort, yet facing the lake, provided the serenity we needed, away form the blaring pop music and screaming kids at the pools.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom