Resort background music MIA?

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
There's something I noticed last Summer and again this Summer at both the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian, and I've always forgotten to post about it:

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that resort background music is missing in areas where it used to play? Around the main pool at GF, and then most noticeably along the walkway that lies just to the east of the DVC building and down past the wedding pavilion? Similarly, as you continued down that walkway, the Polynesian loop would start up somewhere around the luau pavilion. Now it's dead quiet from the tip of the DVC building, all the way to the GCH. Starting last year, the music was absent around the western side of the Polynesian. This year, we didn't even hear it except at the GCH. Nothing along the pier, and nothing around the quiet pool surrounded by Hawaii, Samoa, Rorotonga, and all the way along the path towards the TTC.

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
Interesting replies. Sounds like the locations where resort loops have been playing, at least at GF and PVR are wildly inconsistent. Any ideas as to why?

castlecake2.0

Interesting replies. Sounds like the locations where resort loops have been playing, at least at GF and PVR are wildly inconsistent. Any ideas as to why?
It could depend on time of day. I think outdoor BGM usually plays 9am-9pm ish. I stayed at pop a few months ago and that seemed to be its schedule. Could also just be faulty speakers, in which case I would email GR or tell front desk if it’s missing. I can attest from years of working at Disney that after a while you no longer hear the music after a while (till you wake up at 3am and it’s stuck in your head) so it might be going unnoticed. Also as cast changes at locations sometimes effects are lost as people don’t even know they existed at one time! Wouldn’t hurt to pass on your experience :)

The pier music was loud as was the music outside the bungalows. Occasionally when we walked the path to the GF we would hear music - but super faintly. They were also taking out all the bushes on the edge of that beach though. Maybe that is why the speaker wasn't on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom