Resort availability

Corylancaster

Original Poster
What resorts are hard to get in to the weekend October 8-12? I know it’s food and wine so the anything near Epcot. But we are thinking about trying to rent a studio at OKW. Would that be hard to get? We are also open to changing our dates to a shorter trip from October 31-November 3 if that is a better time to travel.

jaklgreen

You should be good with getting a room at OKW. That and Saratoga Springs usually have availability. The ones closest to Epcot(Beach club, Boardwalk) will sell out fast, if they are not sold out already. Unless you are paying cash. I would book as soon as possible.

Corylancaster

Original Poster
You should be good with getting a room at OKW. That and Saratoga Springs usually have availability. The ones closest to Epcot(Beach club, Boardwalk) will sell out fast, if they are not sold out already. Unless you are paying cash. I would book as soon as possible.

We’re won’t know our fall work schedules for another 2-3 weeks. So our dates are just based off of this last year (wife is a teacher). Do you think that is too late to try to rent points from David’s or dvcrental?

jaklgreen

No, it's not too late, just checked and Beach club studio is the only one sold out. The other resorts still have availability. Just contact them when you get your schedule down. I go that time of year every year for the F&WF. If you have any questions about the festival, let us know.

Corylancaster

Original Poster
No, it's not too late, just checked and Beach club studio is the only one sold out. The other resorts still have availability. Just contact them when you get your schedule down. I go that time of year every year for the F&WF. If you have any questions about the festival, let us know.
We try to go every other year in the fall so are pretty familiar with food and wine. This would just be our first time renting points instead of paying cash so that is where we are newbies.

jaklgreen

We try to go every other year in the fall so are pretty familiar with food and wine. This would just be our first time renting points instead of paying cash so that is where we are newbies.

They make it very easy to rent points. I have done it a few times before I bought. You definitely save a bunch of money by renting points.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just under stand the difference between room availability and points available to rent. Rooms may be available, but the company you are renting points through may not have the necessary point inventory in the resort you want.

jaklgreen

Well I just used David's a couple of days ago to book my Oct trip this year. I used almost 3 years worth of my points for an upcoming epic Aulani trip. :) I was able to get a studio room at Saratoga Springs within 24 hours. I checked the availability of the room and then contacted them. They were able to find someone the next day.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well I just used David's a couple of days ago to book my Oct trip this year. I used almost 3 years worth of my points for an upcoming epic Aulani trip. :) I was able to get a studio room at Saratoga Springs within 24 hours. I checked the availability of the room and then contacted them. They were able to find someone the next day.

You will have to give us a report on your trip to Aulani.

jaklgreen

You will have to give us a report on your trip to Aulani.

We are very excited. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii ever since I was little. I will finally make it there right before I turn 45. My daughter and I will go to Disneyland for a few days first then head over to Hawaii. I got 14 nights at Aulani and 3 nights at a hotel in Waikiki.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We are very excited. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii ever since I was little. I will finally make it there right before I turn 45. My daughter and I will go to Disneyland for a few days first then head over to Hawaii. I got 14 nights at Aulani and 3 nights at a hotel in Waikiki.

I haven't been to Hawaii since high school - my parents owned property on Kauai. Love to go back. Would love it even more if one of the new DCL ships would sail there and back. If I remember correctly, it's about a 5 hour flight from LAX to Honolulu.

jaklgreen

I haven't been to Hawaii since high school - my parents owned property on Kauai. Love to go back. Would love it even more if one of the new DCL ships would sail there and back. If I remember correctly, it's about a 5 hour flight from LAX to Honolulu.

I would also love for DCL to sail to Hawaii. Yep it is about a 5 hour flight from LA. We live in the midwest so we have to fly in at least the day before to catch the morning flight. So we might as well add a couple of days and go to Disneyland first. :)

slappy magoo

Just under stand the difference between room availability and points available to rent. Rooms may be available, but the company you are renting points through may not have the necessary point inventory in the resort you want.
David's does have a waitlist you can request to see if they can get the resort you want. But if the OP decides OKW will do the job, I'd bet a nickel the inventory is there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom