1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Resort Availability Near Pandora Opening?

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by Maddie Terwilliger, May 9, 2017.

1. Maddie Terwilliger

Maddie Terwilliger Active Member

I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts, my dad and I are planning to go to Animal Kingdom some time right after Pandora opens, I've heard a few hotels are selling out of rooms around that time so I was wondering:

Should we book our hotel way way early before we go? Do you guys think rooms will sell out by the time Pandora opens? There is a TON of buzz around opening day and I am a little concerned me and my dad won't be able to get a Walt Disney World Resort hotel....:confused:

2. djdan888

djdan888 Active Member

Are you staying onsite or off site? If you have a set date, I always recommend getting a hotel as early as possible.

MickeyMomV and littleroo like this.
  3. Coaster Lover

Coaster Lover Well-Known Member

Best suggestion would be to check Disney's website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/

Doing a search now... for a check-in of May 26th and a check-out of June 1st, the average cost per night would range from $399 per night (Wilderness Lodge Standard view) to $769 per night (Animal Kingdom Lodge Bedroom Villa in Kidani). So if you were planning on going to a Deluxe hotel anyways, not really an issue... if you wanted a Value, you're out of luck... though again, that's just looking on Disney property and just looking at opening day and the first few days after. If you are staying off site and/or are planning a later date, more options may be available.

4. Maddie Terwilliger

Maddie Terwilliger Active Member Original Poster

Yes, I am getting a hotel onsite. I think I will need to let my dad know to hurry it up :hilarious:

@Coaster Lover Thank you for the help!

littleroo likes this.
  5. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

There is a Press event May 23-25, which includes many travel agents, some are staying longer; it is also Memorial Day weekend, a long weekend, so many will take advantage of that, it would be busy even without Pandora.

6. dclfan

dclfan Well-Known Member

I just called Disney to book a trip from June 4-9th two nights ago and Disney said they were booked solid except for a $500+ room at Grand Floridian and a $1,000 suite in contemporary.

bethymouse and Courtney6682 like this.
  7. DABIGCHEEZ

DABIGCHEEZ Well-Known Member

8. EvilQueen-T

EvilQueen-T Well-Known Member

We're not going to be there for the grand opening but we check in on June 7th out on the 16th. We just booked our trip in April and was able to get WL. I just looked and even all star sports is still available over our dates for $125/night with the room only discount. It's not the grand opening dates but just a week later and AK has late hours a ton during those dates.

9. s&k'smom

s&k'smom Well-Known Member

We happened to book WL months ago and then the Pandora opening dates came out, as excited as I am for it I'm hoping it will draw crowds away from other things LOL.

10. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

2-3 weeks is way way early?!? I book my Disney stay 6 months+ out. I would not wait to book. Even if there is still availability, it's not like they are going to give them away for nothing if you wait till the last minute.

11. MotherofaPrincessLover

MotherofaPrincessLover Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I'm renting points for my next stay so I booked like 11 months out :joyfull:

jaklgreen likes this.
  12. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of room shortages has to do with Pandora opening but you are looking at Memorial Day weekend and that leads into the 1st week of summer vacation. It is just a busy time of year.

jaklgreen and bethymouse like this.
  13. bethymouse

bethymouse Well-Known Member

Any "last minute" reservations are difficult to make. Sadly, it's the most expensive rooms left almost every time. You must book early, or you're almost forced to stay off site.:( There are so many discounts and such available now. Many factors "play into" trying to get a good room at a Disney resort. I have noticed now though that attendance at the parks is up, and there are many more "special events" being scheduled! So... it's not really just the opening of "Pandora" that is causing the lack of availability of rooms.:(

14. Maddie Terwilliger

Maddie Terwilliger Active Member Original Poster

Yes. But I live in Florida. Orlando is 2 hours from me so 2-3 weeks is kind of early since we live so close. Its not like we need to have this whole trip planned out months in advance. If hotels are sold out we still can just go another time. It is different for people who live farther away. They aren't as flexible.

15. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying about last minute trips. But you were asking about a holiday weekend with a new land opening. That might need a bit more advanced planning.