Resort Advice Needed-Which Resort Do I Choose?

Which resort would you recommend?

• Total voters

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Hi. I had some flight vouchers I had to use in the next two days before they expired, so I ended up booking them for November 9-13. I already inquired about booking a DVC studio, but they are already booked up. I haven't paid for a resort yet, so I have no idea which to choose. This July, I will be staying at POR, so I am excluding that and POFQ too. My other moderate choices are: CBR and CS. I stayed at CS a couple of years ago just when the construction was beginning and I know that the construction will be done this July. I haven't stayed at CBR for awhile. They are both the same price---CBR has a standard 5th sleeper (there is only three of us, 2 adults and 1 child) and CS is a water view room. I have never stayed in a value, so I am wondering if that should be a possibility (POP or AoA-mermaid room). I cannot afford to pay rack for deluxe even though I really want to. The only confirmed DVC reservation I can find is at BWV and is a 1-bedroom for $2000. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

winstongator

The skyway will be open by then, won't it? Just for that, I'd pick CBR. I know that's not everyone's thing, but quick access to Epcot & the Studios is one of my favorite parts of the Epcot area resorts.

Hcalvert

Original Poster
I’d go CBR since the Skyliner will most likely be open plus it’s a good proximity to Epcot and HS even by bus. Also I love the themeing!

We have been leaning toward CBR. Right now, all the pricing is rack rate. I wonder if there will be any discounts posted this month? I will have an AP as of July, so I will not need a package.

Tom 55

Why stay at a moderate resort? You only get 50 square feet more in room size vs value. The only other thing is a hot tub that is only available 9 am to 10 pm. Hours that you will most likely be at a park anyway. I stopped going to and paying more for moderates when they put up locked fences when life guards are not on duty. Pryor to that you could use the pool and hot tub at any time. Stay at POP. Ask for building #7. It is the first building to the left on food court and there is a short cut to the one bus stop from there. The only down side is that at EVERY park the bus stop to go back to POP is the one furthest away. The longest walk when tired at end of day.

ctcdisneymama

Just stayed at All Star Movies and it was amazing. We stayed in the Toy Story section which is all updated. It is very close to the food court too. Would highly recommend staying there!

A lot of great updates have come and are almost finished to Coronado Springs. They just opened up the new Three Bridges Bar and Grille restaurant the other day I believe in the middle of the Lago Dorado which looks really nice. And of course the new room updates look amazing. I think if the price is right on CSR vs CBR, go with the newly updated resort.

HoldenC

Out of these choices, definently Art of Animation Mermaid. I stayed there only for one night in January and loved it! Cute themed room, comfy bed, big couch! You've got your own pool or a short walk to the main!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The moderates are very rarely worth the extra cost to me and my wife. I’d book AoA or Pop - you still get the sky liner and frankly, AoA has a much better food court than CS in my opinion.

bee

If you are used to moderate resorts, the values might feel like a big step down. That said, if you're going to mostly be in the parks during the trip it might be worth the savings to go with Pop or AoA.

My favorite moderate is Coronado because of the amenities and theming, but I will be excited to stay at Caribbean Beach once the Skyliner opens. All things considered, Coronado is my favorite resort of those four so that's what chose, but I think you can't go wrong with any of those choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom